BEYOND LOVE

CHAPTER 3

Oscar is beyond himself with happiness when he hears my voice over the phone.
"Is this really you Sandra?"
He seems to be in denial.
"Yes, it's me. I had to buy a phone with some of the money you gave me. Mummy was happy too and she couldn't stop praising you for being a good man!"

" So it's a yes right?"

" Mmmmh"
I respond.

"Ahw! Thank you God....I love you Sandy!"

I can tell that he's elated.

" I'll come the following weekend. Tell mum I'll be your visitor. Be ready, I'll take you with me back to the city!"

I almost scream loudly over the phone.

Oscar is a nice man.

His choice of words while addressing me is overwhelming.
Bae, babe, babe, sweetheart! All those sweet names.

I inform my mum about his visit and she's happy too. She can't stop advising me to be a good girl when I finally join college.
            **********
True to his word, Oscar shows up and after spending the whole afternoon with us, he asks mum for permission to leave with me.

"There's no problem my son. I know you'll take good care of her!"

"Trust me mum, I will never hurt your daughter. I'll wait till she's done with college."

We chat happily as he helps me load my bags in his car.

" No need to carry all these Sandy, I'll buy you more clothes over there!"

I end up carrying only a few clothes and my only pair of decent shoes.

We spend the night at his house in the village cuddling like teenagers.

Oscar doesn't seem to be in a hurry to touch me and I'm happy I've landed myself a gentleman.

The trip to the city is long and tiresome. I remain awake all through despite Oscar urging me to sleep. I've never been to the city before and I'm having fun, making funny comments about everything I see.

I slump on the couch immediately we get into his house.
It's a very big house, a mansion to be precise.

"So his wife left all these wealth?"
I can't stop asking within myself.

" Lemmie show you around your house Sandy. This is all yours!"

He says after warming some food in what I come to learn later that it's a microwive and serves it.

He holds  my hand as  shows me into every room.
It's a single storeyed house, with several rooms.

I can't stop admiring everything in it.
He lives in total opulence.

He must be filthy rich!

"Sandy!"

He calls me out as I dozed off on the couch.

"Yes."

I reply sleepily.

"Now that you've agreed to be my girlfriend, I'd like to take you to my parents house."
This makes me snap from my slumber.

"So soon? I thought I'll finish college first!"
I'm surprised.

" I don't want anybody to lay their finger on you. I want to mark my territory swiry, I want us to get married immediately I finish paying your dowry!"

So this guy is serious?
I haven't known him for long  but he's kinda proposing to me.

"It's okay Oscar. I'm not going to see anybody else apart from you! "

" You don't know these city girls. They forget someone immediately they join college! "

" I promise I won't be like them Oscar. Now, can we sleep? I'm sleepy! "

" It's okay darling!"

He leads me upstairs to his bedroom....

Our bedroom.

" We're going college hunting tomorrow so that you can join in May."

"That's great honey!"
I say while hugging him tightly.

I withdraw immediately after seeing the confusion in his eyes.

"If you arouse me right now, no turning back. I'll be forced to break my promise of waiting till you're through with college! "

He's serious.
I didn't know I'll affect him that much.
I can't stop giggling like the teenager that I am after seeing the swelling in his trousers.
I've seriously aroused him.

I'm surprised when he opens a closet full of clothes and tells me that they're all mine.

He chooses a silk pink pyjama for me and tells me to change into it.

I've been used to sleeping in my usual skirt and top but now it's different.

I pick them and head to the bathroom.
I won't give him the pleasure of seeing me naked!

"Where are you going Sandra?"

"To change to my pyjamas!"
I say it like it's not a big deal.

He let's out a hearty laughter which startles me.

I'm just glued on my tracks.

"Come on baby, just change here, will you? I don't bite!"

" No. Not today! "

I detest.

I continue with my journey to the bathroom and I lock it behind me.
             *********
My first night in the city seems a little bit longer. I don't know whether it's the anxiety of joining college or if a man cuddling me.....a man who's willing to take me as his wife as soon as possible.....without blinking an eye.

"Aren't you going to sleep Said? I thought you were sleepy?"
He snaps me out of my reverie.

"I can't seem to get sleep Oscar!"

"It's the anxiety. It'll end with time. Now go to sleep!"

He kisses me on the cheeks and places his hand below my head to act as a pillow... That way, I feel so secure near him.
Within no time, I'm snoring my way into slumber land!