BEYOND LOVE

CHAPTER 14

SANDRA
"Honey, it's long since you went shopping..."
Oscar tells me one morning as I prepare to go to school.
I'm still doing my bridging course which will take up to six months.
I'm in my last month, actually preparing for my exams.
Our wedding is also a month away.,
"But I have everything I need swiry..."
"No buts honey, just do as I say. All the money I have is your money!"
He insists.
" It's okay darling. Lemmie rush. I'll have lunch in town then buy two or three things."
I say as I kiss him goodbye and rush to the parking lot where the driver is already waiting for me.
            ********
The morning classes are over and I'm glad I don't have afternoon classes.
I had told Kassim, my driver not to pick me up, I'll be using a cab to get back home.

I'm seated in an already full restaurant, munching on my pizza, slice by slice.
This is the only restaurant I know which prepares tasty meals.
Opposite me, there's a gentleman who's picking on his chicken like he has been forced to eat.

Within no time, he packs the remaining pieces and walks out.
That doesn't bother me though.
What bothers me is the lady who takes his place opposite me.
She looks familiar!
Very familiar!

"Hey Sandra, we meet again!"
She says.
"Do I know you?"
That's the first thing that comes into my mind. Unfortunately, it gets out of my mouth without thinking twice.

"Yes you do! We met in the pool some months ago!"

"Which pool?"
I ask, already disinterested.

"Cut the crap Slut! I'm not here for pleasantries!"
Her unexpected outburst catches me off guard.
I just sit there, looking at her like she has just dropped from Mars.

"How's life treating you with that divorcee who picked you from the village?"

" What are you talking about?"
I ask as I bite into another slice of pizza.

"Look at you, you can't even observe simple table manners. Didn't your mother teach you that you shouldn't eat while talking...."

" I know right? You shouldn't *talk* while *eating* and not as you put it! You found me eating and I won't stop simply because you're here!"

" You don't know whom you're messing with! Oscar is my man and we're getting married this December, so it'll be wise if you stay clear of us!"
She adds, making me infuriated.

" Leave Oscar out of this conversation woman! He's my fiance and we live in the same house. So you're just bluffing!"
I try to defend him, though inside I'm burning with rage.
" You're too naive Sandra. Oscar is just using you then finally dump you. I'm the one in the wedding invitation card but not you! If you don't trust me, as him who Sasha is!"

" I don't trust you! You can't just appear from nowhere and start claiming what's not yours. I'll pretend that I didn't hear anything you said....infact, I'll pretend this conversation never happened!"
I start packing my pizza so as to carry it home when she pushes an envelope towards me.

"Open it! See whatever is inside, that way, you'll believe me. You're just an ugly illiterate slut who doesn't even know ABCD!"

" I'll just pretend that you haven't insulted me! I'm not in a mood for confrontations!"
I tell her as I tear the envelope open.

" What?!"
The content leaves me petrified, freezed on the spot!

Oscar is in bed with the whore in front of me, kissing and doing more gross things.
But it seems the bitch is the one who's in control because in every photo, she's on top of Oscar!

"Are these real?"

I ask her, tears clouding my eyes.
She doesn't respond.
I rise my head up from the envelope and that when I notice that she has disappeared.
I was so engrossed in the photos such that I didn't see her leaving.

My heart is literally shattered. Maybe I'm just as ugly as she has said!

I pick the envelope and tuck it safely in my handbag, leave my pizza on the table and call a cab to take me home.
No more shopping.

Once inside the cab, I send a message to Oscar, telling him I know he has been playing with my heart and I know who Sasha is.
I go ahead and tell him to marry her because I'm leaving his house.

I'm trying so hard not to cry my eyes out. I don't want to scare the cab guy.

I take the stairs, two at a time as I head to the bedroom.
I'm going to pack out of his house and go back to my mother!

Oscar is hot in heels behind me, it's like he has just arrived.

I sit on the bed, and remove the photos from my bag and throw them towards him.
"Care to explain?"

"These are photoshopped Sandra!"
He defends himself.

" Photoshopped? With your naked body and face? So you've been lying to me all along? I'm so leaving your ass Oscar!"

I say as I head towards the wardrobe and start parking my stuff.

"Listen to me Sandra, Sasha is up to no good. She's out to ruin me completely!"

"Tell that to the birds!"
I snob him.

He picks his phone and locks the bedroom door from outside and leaves me inside.
"What is he up to?"
I have no otherwise but to sit and wait for him to open the door for me!