BEYOND LOVE

CHAPTER 11

SANDRA

Light fills the room, coaxing me from deep sleep to wakefulness. I stretch out and open
my eyes. It’s a beautiful morning.
"Wow, what a view."  Beside me, Oscar is fast asleep. Wow, what a view. I’m surprised he’s still in bed. He’s
facing me, and I just remember that we're not in our house. We're in a hotel room.
His lovely face looks younger, relaxed and satisfied in sleep. His sculptured, pouty lips are parted slightly, and his shiny, clean hair is a glorious mess. How could anyone look this handsome?
It’s tempting to reach out and touch him, but like a small child, he’s so lovely when he’s asleep. I don’t have to worry about what I’m saying, what he’s saying, what plans he
has, especially his plans for me.
I remember vividly well that he told me that his parents are planning to pay my dowry this August.

I could gaze at him all day, but I have to rush to the bathroom. Slipping out of bed, I tiptoe towards the bathroom, careful not to wake Oscar up.
He looks tired and worn out.

Getting back to the bed, I feel somehow famished and sudden urge to eat something overcomes me. We're not in our house therefore we have to order for food from the hotel lobby.

"Good morning honey?"
Oscar is already awake, stretching beneath the duvet.

" Morning Oscar, how was your night?"

" It couldn't I've been any better hun. You're up already?"

" I'm famished!"

I reply while chuckling shyly.

We call for room service and breakfast is served just immediately we're done taking a bath.

After breakfast, we go to the poolside to relax.
I don't know how to swim therefore I just sit there, watching Oscar diving in and out of the water.

A few ladies and men are swimming and others basking as well.
As I'm busy browsing, I feel a tap on my shoulders.
I look up only to meet a sexy lady, in a bra and a pant only, hovering over me.

"How may I help you?"

"Oh sorry young lady, I had confused you with a friend of mine."

She says as she swings her big behind towards the swimming pool.

"She confused me with her friend?"
I can't stop thinking.

"We've to get going honey. Angy might be worried sick about us!"
I suggest immediately Oscar gets out of the pool. We check out of the hotel room after having lunch.

The strange big-assed lady can't get out of my mind. She seems familiar, but I don't know where I met her.
She's up to no good!
I'll soon find out!
I promise myself.

We call our cab guy and on the way, we notice a vehicle trailing us.
"Have you noticed this car following us sir?"

He asks Oscar, looking scared.

" Yeah. I've noticed it has been behind us for the longest time. Let's play tricks on them!"
Oscar says, looking scared.
The cab guy takes a diversion to another estate then takes another road leading to the city centre.
This confuses the guys following us and within no time, we've lost them.

We follow a different path towards home and just after hooting at the gate, we see the same car parked just a few metres from our gate.

"Lemmie go and confront them!"
Oscar suggests.
Luckily, he never leaves his licenced pistol therefore he tucks it safely in his waistline as he approaches them.

I'm too scared to follow him therefore I wait for h to meet them and see what's happening.

He leans on the driver's door and after a few minutes, the car is driven away in the opposite direction.

He approaches us chuckling.
"Who are they honey? What do they want?"

"They had lost their way! These guys who are just learning how to drive can be funny!"
He says, giggling sheepishly.
I don't find it funny at all!

"They  follow any road as long as it leads them anywhere!"
He adds, still giggling.
His reply doesn't satisfy me. I make a mental note to investigate on my own.
Something fishy must be going on, but I can't place a finger on it!