BEYOND LOVE

CHAPTER 16

OSCAR
"I've managed to convince Sandra but will it be for long?"
I keep on asking myself.
Days pass by and I don't get any call from your Sasha. I know she's just being cautious but I'm determined to get to her before she makes real her threats.

An idea strikes!

Anthony!

He's my HR and I'm sure he might be having an idea where her company is located.
However, I have to approach him with utmost care. I'm not sure who to trust anymore.

Working without a PA is such a hard task. But I'm not going to risk anymore. I'm planning to employ a male PA.
I know that sounds funny right?
I'm not going to risk anymore.

Linda, the lady receptionist is already in the office when I finally arrive this particular morning.
As usual, she's adding a layer of powder in her already painted face.

"Good Linda?"

"Good morning sir. You're here early, anything the matter? "
Trust Linda with her talkative nature.
Maybe I can use her to milk information from Anthony if he proves hard to get.

"Boss, anything the matter?"

I snap from my reverie and wave a hand at her, assuring her that everything is alright.
"I'm okay Linda. Just do your work, will you?"

"Alright sir!"

" Before I forget, tell Anthony to see me in my office immediately he reports to work."

" Okay sir! "
With that, I head to my office, contemplating on how to start investigating on Sasha.

"Good morning Sir, you've sent for me!"

Anthony wakes me up from my reverie.

"Good morning Anthony, kindly sit down!"
I reply, trying to figure out where I should start from.

"When are you submitting the payroll for me to sign? The month is almost coming to an end."
I ask, unable to gather all enough courage to ask him about Sasha.

"I'm sorry sir, Pamela  hasn't submitted the lost to me. She's still working on some loose ends!"

" It's okay, I just want to sign soonest because I might be out of the office in the next few days!"
I lie, for lack of anything else to say.

"It's okay sir, I'll submit before the end of the day. Let me check and see if the accountant is through with the list!"

He says as he stands up to leave.

" One more thing Anthony..... Place an advert for a PA. He should be a man!"

"A man?"
He asks giggling.
" Say as I do Anthony!"
" Sorry sir..."
He apologises immediately.

" Before I forget, any news about Sasha? It's long since she contacted. I hope she's okay!"
I'm trying as much as possible to hide my disgust while mentioning her name.
I'm sure I'm the only one who knows why she left.

"She's fine sir. The other day I ran into her in the mall and she even took me to her office. If you want sir, I can give you her address!"

" Just write it down, I'll pay her a visit someday. She was the best PA I've ever had!"
I lie smoothly.

I sigh heavily, a sigh of relief as he jots down her address on a paper.
He hands it over to me and I smile inwardly.

After all, I don't need to use Linda to get to Anthony!

I kiss the piece of paper repeatedly immediately he's out of sight.

I can't wait any longer.
Now that her number is always on voice mail, I'll have to get to her and warn her personally!

Linda is on her usual spot as I head out. A mirror in hand and a sponge on the other, damping more powder on her face.

If I'm asked, I'd say, everyday to her is an Halloween day!
She has been acting as my secretary since Sasha left.

"Cancel all my appointments for today. I'll fix some time to see my clients either tomorrow or the day after!"
" Okay sir, I will. Where are you going to?"

I step back and whisper it her ears.

" Mind your 'painting' business Linda."

I leave her there startled, looking at me as if I've just dropped from Mars.

I hop into the driver's seat of my machine and reverse out of the parking.
Sasha here I come.
I'm humming into a tune playing on the stereo as I drive off towards the estate where Sasha's office is.
So she thought she can hide huh?
She'll hear from me today.....