Chapter 23

OSCAR

Sasha has crossed her boundaries! How dare she touch my wife?
She'll get it harsh from me!

I can't even think straight.

My wife was quite excited because of our baby but now she's taken away from her?

I arrive at the police station and inform them that Sandra has been found. I go ahead and explain to them everything she has told me about her kidnap.

I leave with them every detail I know about Sasha and all her contacts and company address.

On my way back to the hospital, I decide to pay her company a visit and give her a piece of my mind before the police gets to her.

Kate is in her usual place when I finally arrive at the office. She gasps in bewilderment upon seeing me. She holds her mouth with her hand to stop herself from screaming.
I wonder why her sudden attitude.

"Is your boss in?"

I ask, seething with anger.

"No sir! You shouldn't be here!"

"And where should I be? In the hospital with my wife who's fighting for her life?"

"No sir, I didn't mean that. Madam said she doesn't want to see you anywhere near this building. She has hired security men to throw you out anytime you show up!"

"Oh so this is it huh? Not until I give her a piece of my mind after killing my baby!"
I take a step forward heading to her supposed office.

"Please go back sir! I'll be in trouble. I might get sacked!"

She's standing in front if me, all her flirting nature give to I don't know where!

"That's none if my business lady....out of my way! Now!"
I bark at her and she gets out of the way frightened.

I take a few steps only to meet with the devil herself.
Sasha!

I grab her by the neck but I withdraw immediately before I'm tempted to squeeze her life out of her.

"Let's talk in my office...please!"
She begs, straightening her top.

I follow her from behind, fuming as hell.

"Why did you do it?"

I ask immediately I make myself comfortable on the seat.
I'm on a mission and I won't give her the satisfaction of rotting in jail while she rots in a cemetery somewhere.
Yeah! I'm capable of strangling her like now!

She pours herself a glass of red wine and walks to the window.

"So, what do you want here Oscar?"
She asks, still looking outside, her glass in hand.

"Why did you do it Sasha? What do you want from me? You crossed your boundaries!"
I ask, still fuming.
"What did you expect after refusing to marry me? I'm the only woman for you Oscar. You better get that into you skull!"
She says, unaware that I'm on a mission.
"You should have told me so now? You should deal with me and leave Sandra alone!"

"That was just the beginning Oscar. If she remains married to you, I'll show her pepper. I'm not done with her yet!"

"You're going overboard with this your crash on me. Or is it obsession? Kindly wake up from that slumber and get a life. I'm Sandra's and nobody can take me away from her....not even your silly obsession!"
I say with finality.

"Then prepare for the worst!"
She smashes the half full glass on the wall and walks towards me, her eyes red with fury.

"You're in no position to make demands Sasha!"

"And you are? Come on Oscar, I'm calling the shots here! So you better shut up and listen!"

She barks as she traces her middle finger across my face, tipping my chin upwards.
"Get your filthy hands off me woman! I'm taken!"

I slap her hand off my face and stand up to leave.

"You've not seen the last of me Oscar! That illiterate slut will get it rough from me if I lay my hands on her again! I wish I had just finished her off!"
She yells behind me.

I'm rooted on the spot, unable to move. Did I hear her right? Did she just call my beloved wife an illiterate?
A slut?
I'm tempted to hit her but I weigh my actions. She's not worth my fury.

I storm out without saying any other word and get past Kate who looked more scared than shocked.

I pass by the station and confirm to them that she's still in her office after playing the already recorded voice clip, confirming that she has an hand in Sandra's current predicament.....