Chapter 27

SANDRA

Our love blossoms each passing day. I'm so happy that we've finally made up and life can't be any better. The first semester is already over and I have alot of time at hand.

Kyle is finally happy with us and he has settled.
He has learnt to call me mum because I do not treat him less that that. He's the son that I never had.
I hope against hope that someday God will bless me with the fruit of the womb.
I hope when that time comes, Sasha would have rotten in jail and her body fed to the worms.
I hate her!
I loathe her!

Our love is just on another level. Oscar treats me like the queen that I am.

Mum comes over once in a while yo teach me one or two things about parenting.

Alfred, the co-owner of Sasha's company couldn't continue managing it therefore he sold it and decided to concentrate on his accounting job at Oscar's company.

Life can't be any better....
With Sasha being locked up away, we've no more worries.

Schools have reopened and I usually drop Kyle to school then I go to my college then I pick him up in the afternoon.
That has been the trend for the longest  time and I'm already used to it.

As the norm, I drop him one morning and go to attend to my classes.
In the afternoon, I pass by as usual to pick him up.
Shock on me!

The class teacher tells me that I had picked him earlier to take him for eye check up!

"Did you see me picking him?"
I'm reeling mad, wondering who might have taken him.
His mum is out of the country, grandma is upcountry....

"But madam, you sent your driver to pick him up and he said he knows him!"

I can't wait for anymore explanation from her.
I turn to my heels and once I get into my car, I call my husband who answers immediately.

"Hello, love... Have you picked Kyle from school?"

I ask, curiously.

"No, I haven't. You're the only one who picks him!"

"He's missing. Someone has picked him in the pretext of being send by me to take him to the hospital for wye check up!"

"What do you mean? I'm coming to the school right now!"

He hangs up immediately.

I'm pacing up and down the school corridors when he finally shows up.

"What happened Sandra. Where's my son?"
He asks immediately he spots me.
"I don't know. The head teacher and the class teacher are expecting us!"
We head to the office and the head teacher is equally restless.

"Where's my son?"
Oscar asks, to no one in particular.
"Calm down Sir. Madam here will explain better!"
He says, pointing at the class teacher.

"Your driver picked him. I heard Kyle calling him Uncle Cliff!"

"You're kidding me right? Cliff no longer works for us! What is he up to?"
I ask, getting impatient as time goes by.

"I need my son, now!"
Oscar yells, banging on the table.
It's obvious he has lost his cool.

"Calm down Sir....."
The head teacher tries to calm him down.

"I'm not calming down till I see my boy!"
He bursts out.

I try to call Cliff's line but it leads me to voice mail.
What's really happening?
I try as much as possible to keep my cool and like Oscar, I'm loosing it as well.

We leave the head teacher's office after he promises to help us wherever possible to locate our son.

We can't go to the police  because it's barely two hours since he disappeared.
We call Angela and she says she hasn't seen him at all.

Oscar drives behind me till we arrive at the house.
Our boy is nowhere to be seen. I'm already crying hysterically and Oscar whoa equally perturbed can't do anything about it.
I head straight to my bedroom as Oscar follows closely from behind.

His phone rings from his picked and he picks it up.
It's a strange number.

He picks it up and puts it on loud speaker, signalling me to come closer to listen.

"We have your son.... Wait for more instructions tonight!"
A hoarse voice commands.
"Who are you? Why do you have my son?"
I ask, curiously.
"You'll know us later, and secondly, we don't have your son, we have your husband's son!"

"Where's my son you bastards!"
Oscar is shouting.

"Tonight!"
And the call disconnects........