Chapter 34

OSCAR

Sandra is urged to return back home but she does that amid protests.

The police doesn't find it wise to involve a lady in such scandals.

I give her my car keys and she drives home after urging me to take care of myself.

We follow Simon's current signal and it leads us to the same place in my neighbourhood.

This guy ain't smart at all.  How dare he hide just near me? I know why.
He wants to keep on monitoring my movements and those of my family.
He ain't smart at all.

We catch him off guard and luck enough,  heonly has a penknife with him which he threatens to tear Angela's throat with but when one of the cops threatens to shoot him,  he surrenders,  dropping his knife.

Angela is a panicky,  and she beams with excitement when she sees us.

A cop frees her legs and arms and she sprints towards me, letting it all out on my chest.

"Thanks sir for rescuing me. I thought he'll kill me."

I assure her all is we as the culprit is whisked to the police station.

Angela and I record our statements then detective Cyrus drops us home.

I use the spare key to open the door and I can't help but smile when I find Sandra sleeping on the couch,  a movie playing on the TV.

Angela warms some food and after serving it,  I eat hungrily.
I haven't eaten lunch at all.
After eating to my fill, I carry my wife bridal style to our bedroom upstairs.  She's still sound asleep when I finally place her carefully on the bed and tuck her in just like she does to Kyle.

I turn run a quick shower and join her in bed....

******
SANDRA'S P.O.V
As I drive home,  my mind is preoccupied. I'm unable to think straight.
Samuel assures me that nobody has showed up in the gate yet.
It's already dark and I'm sure Kyle must be starving.

He's already asleep on the couch,  breathing softly, while the TV is still on, PJ Masks still playing on it. 
This boy with cartoon oh!

"Kyle baby...mummy is here.."
I call out while shaking his shoulders.

He slowly opens his sleepy eyes and when he finally sees me,  his lips break into a wide grin.

"Mummy welcome.  Sorry I slept while watching cartoon."

"I'm here now baby.  Lemmie fix you something to eat."

"Don't bother yourself mum. I've already microwaved some rice and beans.  Remember you've taught me how to be responsible?"

"Oh that's my son..."
I carry him to his bedroom and tuck him safely then head downstairs to fix Oscar and I something to eat.

After eating,  I'm super exhausted and Oscar hasn't showed up yet.
I slump on the couch and decide to watch a movie as I wait for him to show up.
******
I'm wrapped in a heavy arm when I finally wake up.
The room is filled with light and I look around only to realise I'm in my bedroom,  with Oscar snoring beside me,  his hand on my chest.
I don't remember coming to the bedroom.
All I remember is lying on the couch, watching a movie then I wake up in my bedroom.

He looks peaceful in his sleep therefore I can't wake him up.

As I brush my teeth,  All the events of the previous day comes flooding back.
No wonder I feel so exhausted.

Kyle is already set and he's downstairs, eating his breakfast.
I kiss him goodmorning and he's as happy as never before.

Sweet smell is coming from the kitchen and someone is busy whistling to a tune.

"Good morning ma'am."
Angela greets me happily.
Before I know it,  I'm upon her,  hugging her and asking her if she's alright.
"I'm fine ma'am.  Thanks to the police and your husband.  They rescued me."
She explains amid sobs

"Hope he didn't harm you.."

I ask her,  hugging her once more.

"No ma'am.  He just tied me up and left me in an abandoned house....that man is wicked.  I hope he rots in jail... "
She says as she wipes a lone tear.

"So he was arrested?"
I ask,  my eyes beaming with a smile.

"Yes ma'am. But he's so stubborn oh!  He spat on a cop and he was whooped mercilessly."

"Serves him right.  Hope he rots in jail."

I say as I pack Kyle's lunch.

"Ma'am....what does he have against you and your hubby?  I heard him say you have something which belongs to him?"
She asks curiously.

"He didn't tell you?"

"Not at all.  He rarely spoke to me.  He was making calls all through..."

"I'm in no position to tell you Angy...."
I tell her as I exit the kitchen.

"It's OK ma'am..."

I feel bad for not telling her the reason for her kidnap.
Angela has been part of my family and I've never hidden anything from her.
I feel weird but I hope it ends soon.
Some secrets are best kept in our hearts.
Telling her that Kyle ain't Oscar's son is like betraying my husband's trust.
This is one of secrets that I'll die with....

I drive Kyle to school and still ensure that security is tight there. I'm not yet convinced that we're out of danger,  until I hear it from Oscar himself.

As I drive home,  Annabel calls me and asks me if I'm attending classes.
I tell her that I have to call my mind and I'll resume school on Monday.

When I finally get home, Oscar is still on bed,  snoring softly this time round.
I slump back on the bed and try to catch some sleep but I can't.
I'm looking forward for him to wake up so that he may narrate everything to me.....