Chapter 36

EPILOGUE

SANDRA

I'm lying on my bed,  reminiscing on my achievements for the past six years.
I graduated a year ago but Oscar has refused to let me look for a job.
He insisted that he'll put up a business for me.
He doesn't want me to work for anybody or be anybody's slave....as he puts it.

Kyle is in her last year in the junior school and I'm happy because he has been a bright boy all through.

A sharp pain cuts through my abdomen towards my back.
I let out a loud scream which brings Angela running from the living room.

"What's wrong my dear?"

She asks. Concern written all over her face.

She doesn't give me a chance to answer.
Instead, she helps me sit up and she screams when she sees the mess on the bed.

"It's time Sandra....its time."

She says as she scrolls through her phone and dials a number...

I understand immediately as another sharp pain cuts again through my abdomen,  letting out a loud scream then before....

*****
"She looks like me... "
My grandma is once more arguing with mum and mum in law in the sitting room...

"No,  she resembles me.."

Mum protests.

"Can't you see the nose?  It's my sons...and my son looks like me..."

Mum in law adds....

I'm just on the stairs,  looking at the three ladies argue and I can't stop laughing out loudly.

Oscar is seated on a separate couch, watching a programme on the TV.
Kyle is at school.

My laughter startles them and they all look at my direction.

"Here comes mummy... "
Mum tells the little Rhianna who's hardly three months.

As I sit next to Oscar on the couch,  I can't help but thank him inwardly for being there for me.
If it were not for him,  I wouldn't have been where I am today.

*****
My mind rushes back to that same-day when I  found out that I was expectant.
Oscar couldn't hide his joy as he swirled me around like a toddler.
He immediately called off a meeting and took me on a vacation.
He was beyond himself with happiness.

Having gotten rid of all the bad people in our lives,  including my so called father, who was nabbed by the cops after committing several crimes in the city.
He ended up in the village where he chose to hide.
When I saw his picture on the gazette,  a price on his head,  being referred to as a dangerous and wanted man, I couldn't let my mum get into trouble.

With Oscar's help,  the police arrested him and now he's rotting somewhere in penitentiary.

******

"Lunch is ready!"
Angela announces and that makes me snap from my temporary reverie.

We all gather at the dinning table and eat and drink happily to our fill.

"I'm going back home tomorrow! "
Mum announces.

"And you want to leave me behind?"
Grandma asks.

"You can stay as much as you want Mother... I have a business to run in the village! "

Mum tells her.

"I'm also going home tomorrow..  "
Mum in law adds.

"You all want to leave me here?  The house will be literally empty without you! "
I ask them,  looking at them beseechingly.
I'm already used to their presence in here.

"We have to go honey... "
Mum adds...

"If you say so.... The driver will drop each of you home... "
Oscar adds.
I know he can't wait to have me all to himself.

******

"I love you honey..... I so love you! "

I kiss him again and again after her I pick the key from his hands.

It's a key to my own office.
I'm a proud owner of
a tours and travels agency.

"You're welcome honey.  You've proved beyond measurable doubt that you're worth my love.  Look at you.  At only nineteen,  you came across some difficulties and you overcame them all... You've been strong, especially for Kyle and I.  You've been the mother he never had... Despite him not being our son, you've taught me how to love and give unconditionally. At twenty five, You're a super woman and you deserve the best in life..."

He says as a lone tear escapes his eyes...

"Oh honey,  you'll make me cry as well...."

I say as I wipe his tear....

For sure,  this has been love... It has beaten all odds.  We passed through alot till we got where we are.
For sure....it's *Beyond Love*

Cool music is playing in the office and I'm happy that Oscar considered my cravings for sweet jazz.

"Let's dance... "
He suggests,  holding out his hand to me.
I gladly take it and place the other on his shoulder.
He places his other hand on my waist and we start dancing slowly to the tune.  His nose is on mine and we kiss hungrily.
Funny enough,  he takes me there, on the table.  As we devour each other,  I can't help but thank my mum for sending me to my aunt's place that hot afternoon......

THE END.