BEYOND LOVE

CHAPTER 20

SANDRA.
I'm through with my bridging course and I'm supposed to start college on January.

I would love to study, even for one semester then defer but Oscar is against it. He doesn't want me to strain. He wants me to stay at home, doing particularly nothing as I wait to deliver.
Finally, we come to an agreement and I win.
Having attended driving classes over the holidays, I'm already perfect on the road but he won't allow me to drive.
He thinks I'm still that naive lass from the village.

      **"*************"**
The library is deserted, except for a few students who doesn't have lectures in the afternoon.
I've parked my car at the basement parking, after convincing Oscar to let me come all alone.

Before I know it, it's already dark. I didn't notice time had run out as I was engrossed in research.

I hand over the books to the attendant and as I head out, I fish out my phone only to fine a bunch of missed calls and messages from Oscar.

I click on the message box and read as I lean on the car.
Oscar is concerned about me and he wants to know where I am.

I dial his number and before I assure him that I'm alright, my phone is grabbed and before I know it, someone us sweeping me off my feet roughly, dragging me to another car beside mine.

I kick and scream, biting on the assailant but all in vain.
My efforts prove futile as I'm thrown in the boot of the car, after being forced to inhale some disgusting shit from a piece of clothe.
             ********
"What do you want from me? I want my husband!"
I ask the guy after regaining my consciousness.

It's already day time and I'm sure I've been here overnight.
Oscar must be worried sick about me!
Oh poor me!
I'm tied on a chair, both my hands and legs being tied.
I'm glad that my mouth and eyes aren't tied.
"Shut up lady! My boss will be here in a few minute time!"
"Who's your boss? What does he want from me?"
I ask, hoping to get information from him.

"Is not a he dander head! She's a Lady! Now shut the fuck up and sleep. I'm busy on my phone!"

A close scrutiny and I realise it's my phone.

"That's my phone you're using?! Give it back to me please. I need to call my husband. We're newly married and he must be wandering where I went!"

"Shut up woman! I say shut up!"
His hand is raised up and I close my eyes as I wait for it to land on my head.

"Let her be Snake!"
The voice is familiar!
Very familiar.
I open my eyes slowly only to come face to face with the devil herself.

"Sasha?!"
I'm shocked.

"Glad to see me?"
She asks sarcastically.

"Glad in deed! Why am I here? Why are you guys holding me against my wish? Don't you know its against the law and you can be prose......"

"Shut up already illiterate slut!"
A slap lands on one of my cheeks.

"You slapped me?"

"And I'll slap you again and again till I put enough sense in your empty skull! Learn to talk when given the chance to!"
She warns me.

"Does Oscar know that I'm here?"

"Do you even learn?"
Another slap lands on my other cheek.

"You can kill me if you want!"
I can't just shut my big mouth.

"If you want me to kill you, then I won't give you the satisfaction. I want you to be alive to witness my marriage to your Oscar!"
The guts she has!

Oscar won't even look her way unless she uses charm on him!
However, I can't say that out loud because it will earn me more slaps, or even worse.

" I warned you Sandra. I warned your so called husband! I warned all of you! And what did you? do? You went ahead and got married! To add salt to the injury, you're pregnant! The bump is already showing!"
She's almost in tears.

"And we should have asked for permission from who? You? Come on woman! You and I know that Oscar loathes you. He can't stand you, neither can I!"
I say, spitting on her face.

That earns me one million slaps and kicks which leaves me unconscious!
            *************

I wake up with a start.....

Light is filled up in the small room which painted white.
My head is heavy and my abdomen is aching.
What's happening?
Where am I?
How did I get here?

Before I can ask myself any other question, someone gets in, carrying a tray on one hand and a bowl on the other.
She's in white too.
I try to sit up but all in vain.
The pain at my abdomen won't allow me.

"Don't strain young lady. Its okay!"
The lady doctor tells me, trying to stop me from sitting up.
Then it all dawns on me!
I run my hand through my stomach and it's flat!

Now I get it.

I remember vividly well Sasha injecting something in my body, telling me that she wants to help me get rid of the bastard growing inside me!
I let out a blood curling scream, which leaves the doctor startled.

"My baby! Where's my baby?"

I ask, grabbing her by her apron....