BEYOND LOVE

CHAPTER 5

The drive to the hotel is not that long.
I can't stop admiring myself in the car mirror.
I keep on pulling down my dress, which makes Oscar to laugh.

"Stop it honey, you look beautiful in that dress."
He keeps on assuring me.

He holds me by the waist and leads me inside.
A waiter is already waiting and after talking to him, he leads us to an already reserved sitting space in what I later come to learn it's a VIP lounge.

We place our order and as we wait for  the food to be prepared, we order a packet of juice and sip on it, chatting happily as usual.

"Have you ever tasted booze?"
The question catches me unaware.

"Hell no! Booze is for iresponsible men."

I was sincere. At least  that's what mummy made me believe.
Ever since I moved in with Oscar, I've never seen him taking booze and I related that to the responsible man he is.

"That's not true dear! Who lied to you?"

"Mum told me so. You don't drink too that's why you're responsible!"

He lets out a hearty laughter which leaves me startled!

I sip on my juice nervously, fidgetting with the glass.

"Look here Sandra, I do drink, occassionally. Booze ain't for irresponsible people as she made you believe but how you react after taking it is what makes one irresponsible!"

He tries to explain, caressing my knuckles.

Our food is brought and we eat to our fill. It's a tasty meal of chicken and rice.

After alot of convincing, we move to the bar area and he orders a bottle of wine and requests to be given two glasses.

"I'm not taking that shit Oscar. I'll continue taking juice, soda or even an energy drink!"

" Don't be naive my love. I'm with you and I won't let you drink yourself silly. Just have a sip, please?"

He tries to sweet talk me, making use of his puppy eyes.
He knows what they do to me.
He always makes use of them everytime he wants favours from me.

"It's okay. I'll only sip and feel it's taste! If it ain't sweet, I'll continue with my juice!"
I warn him.

" That's my girl!"
He pinches my nose playfully as he pours some wine in my glass.

I wait for him to take a sip and see his reaction but he looks like he has just sipped some juice.

"Maybe this one is just like juice!"
I think within myself.

I take a sip of mine and sure enough, it's sweet.
Ahw..... Alcohol ain't that bad!
I take a sip after another, finally gulp down the whole glass!

"Easy lady, easy! You'll get tipsy soon!"

"Oh Oscar, this is just juice. I can't get tipsy from drinking juice! "
I retort, making him giggle.

" Fill my glass please. This juice is the real deal!"

OSCAR'S POV

You see, I had depleted all the alcohol in my home bar because I didn't know how she should react if she found a bar inside my house.
She'd think I'm an irresponsible drunkard!

I can't stop giggling as she sips a glass after another, and each passing time, she's becoming more free around me.

You see, that was the whole idea. She's quite shy and I want her to know that she can be free with me and probably tell me anything.