BEYOND LOVE

CHAPTER 17

OSCAR

"Good morning young lady?"

I'm at the receiption of the address I have in a paper in my pocket.
" Good morning sir, how may I help you?"

The lady receptionist asks, licking her lips seductively.
If Linda dares try this with my clients, I'd kill her!
However, I care less because her boss is another slut...

"Sir, how may I help you?"
I'm so engrossed in thoughts such that I don't remember whatever brought me there.

*Focus Oscar! Focus!*
My conscience is screaming at me.

"Sorry lady, I'm looking for one madam Sasha. Is she in? "

" Do you have an appointment sir? "
She asks, repeatedly winking at me, you'd be tempted to think she's squinting or has an eye problem due to the thick line of airliner and artificial eyebrows.

"Not really but I'm her business partner!"
I lie.

"If you're her business partner, you should atleast be  having an idea where she is. She left some days ago and she's not even reachable via phone!"

"Are you serious? Who's sitting in for her?"

"Her husband comes once in a while o see how the job is going on. Lemmie give you his number, maybe you can talk to him!"
A husband? Sasha is married?
This is news!
"That'll be so kind of you."

She hands over a business card and I gladly put it in my coat's pocket without looking twice at it.

"Thanks a lot lady, I'll be leaving now."

"Call me Kate. Pleasure meeting you sir!"
"I'm Moses."
I lie to her, for fear of blowing my cover.
"Moses? Like the moses from the Bible? What a cute name for a handsome man like you?"

Now she's shamelessly flirting with me? Who does that? In an office? She doesn't deserve to be a receptionist. She should be a hooker or something.
"Just Moses!"
I'm tempted to add *you slut* but I quickly control my tongue.

"Nice meeting you sir. Hope to see you soon! Or maybe you can leave your contacts?"

She says, handing over her phone to me.

"No thank you! Good day Kate!"
I decline, for fear of blowing my cover.
And if I had to pick some random lady's number, it won't be her! She's such a shameless flirt!

I leave her there frowning as I get out of the office.
My heart is dancing azonto as I head back to the parking lot.
I get into my car and make myself comfortable on the driver's seat.
Maybe Sasha got back to her husband!
Or maybe she got married and they have ganged up together to torture me.

"Lemmie call the husband and see if I can get Sasha through him."
I say to no one in particular.

I fish out the card and the name on it, written in bold capital letters leaves my mouth agape.....

Loh and behold! The name Alfred Morgan almost throws me off the cliff! This is my chief accountants name written on the card!

I start connecting the dots....
He keeps on missing job for unknown reasons and the reason why I'm still with him is because he has been the best chief accountant ever.
However, Pamela being the assistant, she fills the gap perfectly well.

Sudden fear creeps up my spine.
I'm suddenly scared for my company.
If these are the kind of people I've employed, then I should tread carefully.
However, I've never found any discrepancies in my accounts, but I have a reason to freak out.
Enemies are everywhere!
He will face my wrath!
I'll sack him if he doesn't give me a satisfactory explanation.

I insert the key on the ignition and before I start the car, I see a familiar car being parked at a safe distance from mine.
Alfred's car!
So he's not in the office?
Okay, I'll beat him to his game.

I wait till he disappears inside the office then I follow him from behind.
He shakes hands with Kate and walks inside, I presume it's Sasha's office.

Which boss acts so formal with his employees?
Anyway, it's their business. All I want is to meet Alfred and get to face him man to man.
Within no time, I'm at the reception.
"You're back sir?"
Kate asks me.
"Yeah. I've called your boss and he has told me to meet him here in a few minutes time."

I lie smoothly.

"You're lucky sir, he has just arrived. His office is the second on the left!"

Oh! So it was this easy?

"Okay Kate. Thank you very much!"

"See you around sir!"

She's back to her winking game.

"Suit yourself lady!"

I mumble inaudibly as I head to the office.

Alfred.....here I come!