CHAPTER 22

SANDRA

"What is going on here?"

He enquires, concern written all over his face.

"Isn't it obvious?"

Mum asks.

"Mum!"

I caution her before she runs her mouth anymore.
She doesn't know how to control it whenever she's angered.
The doctor looks startled.

"How's my patient?"

He asks, smiling at me after throwing mum whose hands are crossed over her chest a quick glance.

"She was fine till this bastard showed up!"
She's referring to Oscar.

"Mum stop it already!"

I warn her, trying to sit up with the help if the doctor.

Oscar is startled.....scared to be precise.

"How are you my love? How did you end up here? I've been worried sick about you."

He asks, referring to me.

I'm unable to answer. Instead, warm tears cascade down my cheeks.

"How can she be fine when your whores forcefully terminated her pregnancy?"

Mum asks, shooting dangers at him.

"What? My baby? Who did this to you Sandy? Tell me please!"

He half begs me as he wipes a lone tear from his face.
I can tell that he's concerned.

"You have many of them such that you can't figure out which one of them kidnapped my daughter?"

It's mum again.

"With all due respect mum....I've taken enough from you. Do you think I'll let anybody harm my wife? Do you? Let me run my family please!"
Oscar tells her softly, anger evident in his voice.

"You should have tamed them before this happened Oscar!"
She scoffs at him.

"Madam please, if you continue scolding him, I'll have no choice but to throw you out! We're looking for a solution here... Do you want her perpetrators behind bars?"

The doctor asks and she nods.

"If that's so, thank God she's alive. She'll tell us who did this to her!"

"Hello...you're all talking about me as if I don't exist!"
I yell at them, drawing all their attention.

Oscar walks to my side and signals the doctor to stand from the bed.
He takes his position and holds my head into his chest. We cry together for our loss, soaking his shirt with tears.

"It's alright honey. Cry out....cry!"

He encourages me amid sobs.

Mum too can't hold herself together.

She exits, followed by the doctor after she tells me she'll be back.

"Honey... Who did thus to you?"

Oscar asks, wiping tears from my eyes.

"It's Sasha. She sent men to kidnap me as I came out of the library and they took me to an unknown place! She beat me up and injected me with a drug which made me lose my baby and threw me in a bush!"

I tell him, more tears coming out.

"That bitch! So she has resurfaced? She has taken my silence for weakness! This time she'll rot in jail....I promise you my love..."

He tell me, fisting his hands.
"Now your mother thinks I'm a man whore and she hates me!"

For a moment, I regret not informing him before mum.
Even regret thinking of going far away from him. He's such a nice man and whatever happened to me ain't his fault.
After all, the bitch of a woman had ran away and we thought she had disappeared for good.

"Sorry for everything swiry! Blame me all you can. I deserve it!"
I snap from my reverie.
"No honey, you didn't do anything wrong. We all thought she had gone out of our lives for good!"

That however, doesn't make him feel better.

"I'll be back for you.  Let me go to the police and report that I've found you and also file a case against her!"

"It's okay honey... Please forgive my mum. She's just acting like a mother should!"

"I understand dear. Lemmie get going!"

He kisses me goodbye and exits.
                  ***********
The doctor comes back, followed closely behind by mum.

"Where's Oscar? I shouldn't have been too hard on him!"
Mum says.
"Don't be too hard on yourself ma'am. Every living mother will act exactly as you did!"

The doctor assures her.

"He has gone to the police station. He needs to tell them that I've been found and also report Sasha's involvement!"
I explain.

"So you know who did this to you?"
The doctor asks, concern written allover his face.

"Yes!"
I nod.
"That's good news. They will rot in jail! Nobody has a right to terminate anybody's pregnancy without her consent!"

He administers some drugs into my system and leaves us chatting with mum....