Jisung

We all walked slowly along the cold, slimy sewer walls. It is just the 9 of us now. The kids we rescued either ran off or stayed at our last base. Then the group of kids that had originally been led by Changbin went to find more kids to meet up with us at District 9. In the meantime, the 9 of us are merely trying to get there. Our footsteps are the only thing breaking the silence. All of us are so tired but the sewers are no place to rest. So we slowly trudge on, waiting for Minho and Chans order. The 2 of them are whispering and plotting which ways we will take. The rest of us are just following them with the little energy we have left.

Suddenly Minho stops and the rest of us follow. He looks around with fear in his eyes. He looks like a feral animal.

"Everyone hide quickly!" He hisses at us. We quickly look around and notice our only option is the water. I look at Seungmin who is next to me and he understands my hesitation. The water is absolutely filthy. Sadly there is no other choice. So one by one we hop into the water and hide against the wall. Chan and Hyunjin turn off their flashlights and now we just wait in silence.

Several minutes go by and I hear heavy footsteps coming our way. Then suddenly they are right on top of us. I slid even lower into the water and so do the others, only our heads are visible. If we get caught that's it, this might be the end. We haven't even been able to fully start a rebellion, so our hard work would be for nothing. In my line of sight, lights are bouncing off the walls. The guards are literally walking right over us. My body freezes and trembles, my heart has stopped and I hold in my breath. 

"Hurry! we have to see if any of the kids escaped through here!"

They pass us and eventually, we can no longer see or hear them. We wait long enough to make sure it's safe and then climb out of the water.

My clothes are soaked in wretched, putrid sewer water. My skin feels disgusting and unclean, I'm trying so hard not to barf. Before I can finish my thought Jeongin bends over and pukes into the water. I look away afraid that I will follow. 

Once again we trek on hoping that we can soon come upon a place to rest. 

I sigh, "what a drag."