Woojin

I watched the fuel gauge land on the big E, looks like we are running out of gas. I go for a few more miles before the vehicle sputters and comes to a complete stop. Everyone hops out and we follow Minho. He leads us down a dusty path through a barren field. We had traveled for a whole day now so now we are stumbling through the dark. Dimly lit flashlights pave our path. Even though we lost all of the guards we are all still alert. 

The gravel road turns to concrete, I squint and make out a silhouette. From what I can see it seems to be a large building. Someone shines a light upon the building and the once dark figure is revealed to be a sewage plant

"What is this place Minho?" Hyunjin asks.

"It's a sewage plant, we are once again going to the sewers. We started there and we are going to end there."

Everyone groaned.

"Do you have some weird love of sewers or something, because this is ridiculous!"

We all chuckled at Jisung's remark.

Minho playfully punches him, "no you idiot, it's just safest. Isn't that right Chan."

Chan smiles and nods, "sadly he's telling the truth."

"Let's go, everyone, we're almost to District 9," Changbin remarked.

We all sighed and walked towards the building. Chan and I managed to open the heavy, rusted door. Our group flooded into the building and followed Minho. He brought us to a large manhole and one by one we all made our way down the ladder. The awful smell makes my nose crinkle, I will forever hate the sewers. 

"Alright, just two more miles then we will be at District 9."

Everyone cheered, we are so exhausted and ready to finally make a home of our own. 

"Come on guys! Let's head out!"

We all let out a war cry at Chan's words of inspiration and quickly made our way to our final destination. 

Finally, after an hour we made it. Minho stopped and pointed at a ladder.

"There it is guys, the way out."

I smiled, thank God we were able to make it. Without hesitation, I started towards the ladder. Chan went up first and I closely followed in second. Chan slid the cover of a manhole and I was met with a big gust of cold wind and dust. Chan climbed out and disappeared from view.

In a few moments, I'll be able to lay my eyes upon District 9, our future, safe haven, and new home.