Jeongin

Chan and I follow Hyunjin to the office. We have been working up to this moment. We all approach a guard, Chan ready to speak.

"State your business," the guard says with a bored look.

Chan clears his throat, "We wish to transfer to the main facility. We want to become guards in training."

The man nods and looks at his computer.

"We do have a shortage, so I don't see why not. I'll give you some papers and you can leave tomorrow."

I manage to keep my cool on the outside, but on the inside I'm ecstatic. Thankfully most of the guards here hate their job and want younger people like us to take over for them so they can go back home.

The guard hands us our papers and shoos us away. Chan, Hyunjin, and I quickly make our way to our barracks.

"Finally, we will finally be regrouped tomorrow!" I exclaim.

I've missed the others so much, without Chan the time here would've been miserable. We pack up, so once morning comes we can get out of here asap.

Morning finally came and boy am I ready. I grab the few belongings I'm allowed to have and follow Chan out the door. We make our way to the back exit, a guard awaits. Early morning there is always 3 guards approving transfers, including kids. We walk up, with each step my heart beats faster. The guards begin the process of transferring us. As soon as they are done we are sent through the door. Sunlight floods my vision and I get to taste a split second of the outside world. A small breeze tustles my hair and tickles my nose. My heart aches for freedom, I clutch my chest, just a little while longer, then we can escape.

The guards shove us into the back of a truck, we settle down on benches, uneasy of the future. The bumpy ride doesn't last long. We stop and the back of the truck opens up. Hands grab us and throw us to the ground.

"Hurry up!"

I scramble to my feet and rise up. Instantly I notice a gigantic building, looming over me. Finally, we made it to the main facility.