seventeen ⭐ hot chick!

i forgot to tell y'all a kinda minor detail sksksk so after the boys spend a week in indiana judi is go back to l.a with them and live with awsten and geoff until she can get her own place uwu

and i guess this is a filler chapter?? it only has one setting so idk

GEOFF sits outside on the front porch, watching the chickens as they pass by with quiet clucks lingering in their presence. He places his water bottle on the deck gently, for he does not want to startle the ones closest to him. He puts two fingers out and beckons them as Judi had taught him. A baby chick slowly makes their way up the steps, climbing into GEOFF's hand as soon as they can.

As he pets it, PATTY opens the door not so quietly, and the rest of the chickens scatter into a chaotic panic. The chick in GEOFF's grasp remains calm. PATTY simply laughs at what occurred from his actions.

GEOFF: Hey.

PATTY: Hi. [motions to empty chair next to GEOFF.] Can I sit here?

GEOFF: Sure.

PATTY sits down next to GEOFF. He looks over at the man, really taking in the features that Awsten gushes over so much. He realizes how right Awsten was about his looks -- he's fucking gorgeous. Patty was sad about Geoff not being into threesomes and being disgusted with himself all within the same heartbeat. GEOFF noticed the staring eyes, and cared not at all to show his smile.

GEOFF: Stop staring at me like that.

PATTY: Only if we can talk.

GEOFF: About what?

PATTY: Awsten.

GEOFF: Patty, look, I don't--

PATTY: No, Geoff. I need to apologize.

GEOFF sighs, letting go of the chick as he does so. As it waddles over to PATTY, he smiles.

PATTY: [reaching down to grab the chick.] I want to apologize for putting all that stuff between you guys. [brings the chick to his chest. I'm sorry for being a dumbass and ruining what good you had going on. [glances over] But I mostly just want to apologize for being so mean to you. You're one of the kindest guys to ever exist, besides Awsten of course. [they chuckle.]

GEOFF: Well I hope you know forgiving you won't be easy.

PATTY: And I don't expect you to forgive me.

GEOFF: So why are you telling me this?

PATTY: Because I feel bad.

The door opens, and out walks AWSTEN, shivering in the seventy-five degree weather. As a Texan and Californian, he is certainly not used to Indiana's weather.

GEOFF: Hey babe.

AWSTEN: Hey. [Goes insane when he sees the chick.] Can I hold it?!

PATTY: Sure. [gives the chick to AWSTEN]

GEOFF: [To AWSTEN] Why you all dressed up?

AWSTEN: Me and Judi are going to town for dinner. "Ladies" night.

PATTY laughs.

AWSTEN: What?

PATTY: You're such a twink, Aws.

AWSTEN'S face flushes, yet no grin crosses his face. The last time Patty called him a twink was when...

GEOFF notices.

GEOFF: Wait, I thought we were making dinner here?

AWSTEN: We'll bring something back.

The other men scoff in sync.

PATTY: What about Otto and Jawn?

AWSTEN: They're skipping dinner.

GEOFF: Why?

AWSTEN: They're tired, I guess.

GEOFF: Hmm.

AWSTEN: "Hmm," what?

GEOFF: Don't you think it's kind of weird how they spend so much time together? Like ever since we got here's it's been Jawn and Otto and fuck everyone else.

AWSTEN: They probably just miss each other.

GEOFF: Okay, but don't you think it's kind of weird how much time they're spending together? I mean when we got here they just gravitated towards each other and now they're inseparable. For example, when we went to the store and Otto wanted to go look at the candy, Jawn stayed with us, said he wanted to go look for another jacket and he came back with Otto and the biggest shit-eating grin I've ever seen. Not to mention he didn't have a jacket.

PATTY: Yeah, he told me he went to look for Otto.

AWSTEN: But that-

GEOFF: Then yesterday they both went for lunch alone.

PATTY: And apparently now they're in the room alone together.

GEOFF: That's another thing! They share a damn bed even though there's the one you gave up so you could lay with Judi! It's a fucking twin size bed! They literally lay on top of each other on that damn thing!

AWSTEN: What are you trying- oh. Wait, so you think they... oh my God, Geoff, no! You're not serious.

PATTY: I mean, I think they are too based on what evidence we have.

AWSTEN: That's impossible! They're just friends who miss each other a lot!

GEOFF: Sure they are.

AWSTEN keeps a straight face as he begins to pet the chick again gently.

AWSTEN: Tomorrow morning, me and Judi are going to wake up at the crack of dawn to feed the animals.

PATTY: Can I join?

AWSTEN: [grins, his face flushes] If you feel up to getting up that early, then sure. She wouldn't mind if you came along.

PATTY exchanges the expression as GEOFF silently wishes he was an oblivion so he could make Patty's dignity explode. Maybe that would keep his fiancé away from him.

JUDI walks out, slamming the door behind herself. It makes the chick squirm, so AWSTEN puts it on the ground.

JUDI: Aw, poor baby. [picks up the chick; to PATTY] You want it?

Everyone is surprised by her actions. Wasn't there a mutual dislike? Not anymore, apparently.

PATTY: Of course. [takes it]

After JUDI hands Patty the chick, she turns to AWSTEN.

JUDI: You ready?

AWSTEN: Yeehaw.

JUDI: Okay then, let's go!

Geoff and Patty watch as the two load themselves into her car. From inside, Awsten smiles at them both, but neither reciprocate it.

The person squatting behind a few trees on the other side of the road is what has their attention.

⭐⭐⭐

im so sorry about this one taking forever. i just wanted it to be good!

btw the title is referencing to hot potato since the chick is getting passed around so much

~ryan