sixty-seven ⭐️ at last

this is the moment we've all been waiting for :,) i'll try to give this chapter the justice it deserves.

~ryan

⭐️⭐️⭐️

Sydney stares at me as my father adjusts my tie. He pulls his hand away when he's finished, allowing me to peek at the black bowtie wrapped around my neck. In the corner of my eye, I see my daughter beginning to shed a tear. Her eyes glisten in overwhelming joy. We exchange smiles as I, too, start sobbing uncontrollably.

"You look magnificent, Papa," Sydney says, her sweet voice being broken by gleeful hiccups. My dad nods his head in agreement, "You're going to love this outfit for the rest of your life,"

I look at myself again, just to make sure everything is okay. To make sure everything is perfect for Awsten. "I really look good?" I ask. They both reassure me by giving me more compliments about my attire.

After a few minutes of tireless kind words, Sydney leaves to go bother her aunt and uncle, leaving me alone with my dad. I really wanted to have a man to man talk with him the day of my wedding; I've wanted this conversation since I was a little boy.

"Geoff?" he says, sitting on the empty side of the lovely beige loveseat.

"Dad," I reply, beaming hard enough to make my cheeks hurt.

He sighs through a proud smile, glad to finally be giving me the advice I've always wanted to hear.

"You know," he begins, "I had always planned on talking to you about how to treat a lady when she's your wife, but that would obviously be of no use,"

I nod, chuckling at his first words. "Yeah, well, I bet you weren't expecting me to be gay,"

"I knew you were gay when you were a teenager, Geoff. But that's not what we're here to talk about! We're here so I can tell you everything I've ever wanted you to know,"

--later--

I wipe my eyes as best as I can with the wimpy tissue the hotel had to offer. My father had just spilled his innermost feelings about Awsten and I in the sweetest way possible. I've never cried as hard as I am right now.

"You're the best son anyone could ever ask for, you know that? And your wonderful man is the best son-in-law I could ever want. Don't forget that, Geoff. Remember how much I love you both,"

We stand up together, and I instantly give him a tight embrace. "I love you, Dad," I weep. "I love you, too."

⭐️⭐️⭐️

JUDI laughs with AWSTEN as he finishes her makeup. With his son in his arms, PATTY leans over Awsten's shoulder to get a better view of his girlfriend.

JUDI: Are you excited for your first dance? [Awsten nods] I am. I'm gonna be crying, I already know it.

AWSTEN: Can you stop talking so I can do your blush properly?

JUDI stops jabbering and smiles.

PATTY: I like how y'all went classic for your first dance. [to JUDI] Do you want a fifties or sixties song for our first dance, babe?