2: Making Up

Isabella was tired and hungry. She continued to walk on the lonely road, looking back to see if any cars would pass, unfortunately none did, and if they did, she knew she wouldn't even go into it. She sighs heavily, playing with the bracelet he got her last month, she shouldn't have ran off. Her heart sunk realizing how worried he might be.

Holding back a scream that threatened to bubble from her lips. She opted for a groan, not wanting to draw attention to herself, probably there were mountain lions.  Isabella frowns, chastising herself for thinking that, she sped up her walking, the time flew past in a blur, and around five thirty, she was out of the wooded area, and able to call a cab, to take her home.

As soon as the cab had stopped before the house, she happily pays the driver, her smile filled with gratitude. She opened the door in a rush, eager to be back in the comfort of her house. She slips off the pair of black flats, glad she had chosen them instead of heels.

In her room, she slips out the dress, folding it and throwing it into the hamper. Tossing on a t-shirt and a black shorts, she yawns, laying on the bed, she plucks her phone from her purse, checking for messages, and there were a lot, thirty missed calls, fifteen messages. Not bothering to look at them, not wanting to see how worried she had made Josh, she decided to send a quick text.

Izzy- I'm okay, Josh. Sorry for ditching at the last minute.

As soon as she had hit send, a new message popped up with his name on it.

Josh- Are you sure? Where are you? Do you need me to come get you?

Izzy- I'm at home, I just need some time alone.

Josh-  It's my Mom isn't it? I should've known. I'm coming over as soon as I can. Love you.

Isabella puts down the phone and sighs, rolling unto her side, closing her eyes and in a few seconds, was fast asleep.

She didn't remember Josh coming in, only that she woke up, in his arms, her body tucked into him, his face at her neck, breathing deeply. She snuggled closer to him, moving his arm to place around her waist.

She nearly jumped when he said. "I know my Mom said something to you". She had thought he was sleeping. Turning to face him, she traces his jaw, down to his full lips. "She did", Isabella murmurs. Josh kisses her forehead and smiles. "And whatever she told you, don't believe it, my mother has always been opposed to me dating, I'm sorry this happened Izzy". She nods. "I'm sorry for running off, I can't imagine how worried you were", he smiles at her. "I wouldn't be a good boyfriend if I didn't worry". They fell into a comfortable silence, his fingers stroking the exposed flesh of her waist, where the t-shirt had ridden up, until she fell asleep.

When she woke up again, he was gone, a note with his handwriting in his place. She takes it up, eyes skimming over the words.

I'm gonna talk to my Mom. Tomorrow how about we go out for ice cream?
Love Josh

She couldn't help the smile that danced across her face. The door downstairs unlocked, knowing it was her father, she slips into a pair of grey sweatpants, hurrying down to meet him. He was closing the door, taking off his FBI badge, and setting it on the table.

"Hey Papa", she says meeting him downstairs for a hug. He kisses her forehead. "Have you eaten yet Isabella?" She shook her head. Her father had pale skin, bright red hair, and the same pale blue eyes she had.

She was always mesmerized by her parent's meeting. Her father and mother were friends, then they began dating, but her father's parents were against it, threatening to disown him, if he continued the relationship. 

But her father went against their wishes, they got married very young at nineteen and had her shortly after. Her grandparents were immediately sucked in by the innocent baby, their past disagreements, now gone.

But in the end, they were still separated.

"I've ordered pizza, and we still have a bunch of horror films to go through", he suggests. She nods. "That's great Papa. I'll get the popcorn".

After the movie, she went to bed, but not before texting her mother and Josh.

Mom- Movie night isn't the same without you. How about we go shopping again?

Josh- Papa just came home, you know how he is with boys, I'll see you tomorrow. Ice cream at Bettina's parlor at ten, don't be late.

Before she could fall asleep her phone pinged, the name bringing a smile to her face.

Mom- Hey pumpkin, that sounds perfect, a little shopping only the two of us. I'm sorry about movie night pumpkin, wished I was there.

And one from Josh.

Josh- Damn, I better get a bullet proof vest then, and yup, I won't be late. Sweet dreams.

She puts down the phone, a wide smile on her face as she drifted off into a deep slumber.