7 : Bonfire

Isabella had informed Elliot, Maria and Emma about their plans to go to Julian's lake house that weekend, after getting the go ahead from his mother and aunt. They were settled in the jeep on Friday an hour after school. Michael waves to her from the doorway. "Have fun". Isabella nods. "Thanks Papa".

"Who's this one buttercup?" He motions to Julian who was busy stacking the bags in the back, wondering why the needed to bring so much clothes, when it was only a two day trip. "He's Julian, my friend, Papa". Julian moves to Izzy.
"Morning Mr. Wilde. I'm Julian Austin", Julian says. Michael shook his hand. "What are your intentions with my daughter?" He questions, eyes dropping to the tattoo peaking from under Julian's t-shirt. "Just wanna be her friend Sir".

Michael nods unconvinced. "I've got my eye on you Austin".  Julian nods eyeing the FBI badge.

They got in the jeep, Elliot in the driver's seat, Maria riding shotgun and Emma, Julian and Isabella in the back. 

They listened to music as they drove. It was roughly a five hour drive. Isabella was at the door, Julian beside her. "I hope you have a bikini under that dress, Bella", he whispers in her ear. She  flushes, clearing her throat and turning slightly to look in his eyes.

She laughs quietly, noticing how beautiful his green eyes were. She looked away quickly, remembering the pictures of her.

"They look beautiful." She says. Julian frowns. "What do you mean?" Her eyes left his for a second, quickly returning. "The drawings....of me." She clarified. He nods, a small smile taking over. "That's because they're all you." She returned her gaze outside, not knowing how to reply.

They arrived at the cabin in four hours because of the lack of traffic. She took a much needed stretch as soon as she was out of the jeep. It was a western red cedar log cabin, set facing the lake that stretched towards the horizon, a dock nestled across the path that led from the cabin  to the lake, where a small fishing boat bobbed on the tranquil water, the reflection of the sky painted on the water's surface.  The cabin itself was a two story structure, with a gravel driveway leading to the steps. It was detailed with a small front porch that based a coxy swing chair which dangled from the roof, and floor to ceiling windows that gave an amazing view inside the cabin. Wild flowers dotted the grass, Showy Orchids, Dwarf Crested Iris and Celadine poppies. The air was crisp and fresh, the weather calm, with no signs of any changes. 

"The kitchen is well stocked guys," Julian says. "There are only three bedrooms, the one upstairs is mine, you can decide who stays where". Emma was the the first to run off. "There's no way I'm sharing a room with either of you two", she shouts. Elliot was next. "No fair, Emma". Maria groans. "Neither will I", she runs off too into the cabin.

"Where will I stay?" Isabella asks. "In my room of course", he spoke, moving to take out the bags.

She couldn't calm her racing heart.

Once they had unpacked, they lounged around on the deck overlooking the lake. "Who's up for a swim?" Emma suggests. Isabella yawns. "I'm gonna take a nap". Maria rolls her eyes. "Really? We're here for two days, let's make a bonfire, party like it's the last day of our lives."

"Yeah", Julian agrees. "Elliot, help me get a bonfire started, ladies if you'd be kind enough to make something to eat. The basement is stocked with wine, foldout chairs are around back".

"Let's get this party started", Elliot shouts.

"I can't believe how hot he is", Maria says to Emma and Isabella. Emma laughs. "And he doesn't have the hots for you". Maria glares at her, Emma laughing.

"So true though", Maria pouts, sliding three bottles of wine on the counter. "He only has eyes for Bella", she teases, hitting her hip playfully against Isabella, she shook her head with a tight smile. "We're only friends guys."

Maria laughs. "Oh please Isabella, it's obvious you like him, see you're already blushing".

"Who's blushing?" Julian asks, brushing a bit of dust and from his hair. "No one", she blurts out, cheeks warming as Julian gave her a once over with a small smirk. She jabs Maria in the side with her elbow. "We'll soon be finished guys, it'll be lit in no time".

"Damn look at that ass", Emma whispers as soon as he was out of earshot, making them all laugh.

Isabella left the kitchen an hour later after they were finished with the snacks, finding Julian's bedroom easily, as it was the only one upstairs. The shower was on, so she grabbed a jeans shorts and a peach tube top. She took a shower in the adjoining bathroom, getting dressed quickly. She returned to the room, and Julian was brushing his hair, wearing only a pair of black swim trunks, that left very little to the imagination. 

He smiled at her in the mirror, putting down the brush. "You look beautiful", he whispered, eyes taking in every inch of her body. She nods. "Thanks, you uh, look nice", she gestures to his half naked form, eyes lowering to the trail of blonde hair. Her eyes found his again. He clears his throat, moving to the closet. He took out a small blue shopping bag, and pulled out a tiny box.

"I bought this for you", he said softly, opening the box and presenting her with a silver necklace, it was custom built and had Bella in curly letters. "It's beautiful", she murmured, taking it gently out, fingers brushing against the letters. "Let me put it on", he suggests, taking it from her. She turns to the mirror, watching him as he placed it around her neck and locked it into place. The necklace was cool against her chest. She turns to him, fingers touching the necklace. "It's beautiful. Thank you". He nods.

"It was my pleasure Bella. I had it made for you", she stood on the tip of her toes and kissed his cheek. He smiled, talking hold of her hand and leading her outside.

The bonfire was blazing, everyone were already outside, sitting on foldout chairs and sipping wine. They talked, drank and laughed, danced. Isabella took a break, taking a drink and watching them. Julian broke from the group dancing and came beside her, taking a seat. "Enjoying yourself?" He asked. She laughs happily. "I am, I'm glad we came", she said. He laughs too. "How about spin the bottle guys? Let's keep this party pumping" Maria shouts, earning shouts of agreement, and a frown from Isabella.