6: Friends

The first month flew by in a blur, since she had become friends with Julian, she introduced him to their little group, every weekend, they'd go out, and this week it was her turn to pick where they'd go.

She had gone over to Julian's house, he lived with his aunt, when his parents had sent him away. "Hey Mrs. Turner". The red head turns around to look at her. "Oh hey there Izzy, Julian's in his room". She nods, moving upstairs. She knocks on his door, but no answer, so she pushes it open. He had his back to her, seated around his desk, she could see that he was drawing, tiptoeing closer, her heart sped up, noticing he was drawing her.

He had music blaring from his headset, no wonder he didn't hear her. There were a few sketches strewn across the desk, different angles, but they were all her. She taps his shoulder making him jump. His eyes widened upon seeing her, he gathers all the drawings, piling them in a folder.

She clears her throat, noticing a pink tinge to his cheeks. "I wasn't expecting you", he says getting up. She shrugs. "I was bored, anyways, the guys and I are all planning for the weekend, but have no clue where to spend it, that's where you come in, I need your help". Julian nods. "My parents own a cabin by the lake, it's not far from here, you guys can stay there, I spent loads of summers there, it's fun". She nods, "Well, that's awesome, we could go fishing-". Julian laughs. "The men will go fishing while the ladies will get themselves a nice tan". She rolls her eyes, with a smile, taking a seat on his bed.

Her phone vibrated in her pocket, a message from Quinn.

We need to talk.

Was all it said, it sounded serious. "I have to go", she says, getting up. "Is it him?" She shook her head. "It's not Josh, it's my mom, and she needs to talk". Julian nods. "Okay then, I'll see you later then?" She nods in reply.

"You're coming to the cabin right?" She asks. He nods with a smile. "Definitely". She hurries out the house, bidding Mrs. Turner bye.  The pounding of footsteps down the porch steps made her look back. "Want a ride?" He asks, gesturing to his bike. She nods. "Thanks. He moves towards it, helping her on, he helps her to put on the helmet, he gets on, moving her arms around his waist. "Best be sure to hold on love", he teases.
He puts on his helmet, heading unto the road.

Half an hour later, he pulls into an empty spot before the café. "Do you want me to come?" He asks motioning to the café. She shook her head. "It's fine Julian, I won't be long", he nods, "I'll be in the store across the street". She nods, moving to the door.

Quinn was seated, a cup before her untouched, her fingers tapping on the table.

She pulls back the seat, grasping Quinn's attention. "Hey Mom". Quinn nods. "I'm pregnant", she blurts out. Izzy frowns. "You are? When did that happen?"

Quinn sighs. "The night you tricked me that your father wasn't home", she says. "Aren't you happy about it Mom?" She asks softly. Tears glistened in her mother's eyes. "I can't have this baby Izzy, that night with your father wasn't supposed to happen".

Izzy sighs. "What are you gonna do then Mom?" Quinn shrugs. "Your father and I aren't together anymore, I didn't plan for another child, this complicates things Izzy". Isabella frowns. "So you're gonna.... get rid of it?"

Quinn looks away, blinking away tears. "Aren't you gonna even tell Papa?" Quinn shook her head. "He deserves to know Mom". Quinn nods. "I know he does honey, but it's best if he doesn't". Izzy frowns, but nods, wanting to support her mother. "I understand Mom, and I'll accept whatever decision you may come to". Quinn smiles. "Thank you hun, I just needed to tell someone, I couldn't tell your father, not yet. I just need some time okay?" Isabella nods in reply.
Quinn takes a deep breath. "And what about Josh? That boy you came with, are you together?" Isabella laughs. "Easy there Mom, Julian is just a friend, but Josh and I are over". Quinn frowns. "You guys were cute together, but it's for the best, anyway, Josh is the past now. How about you call your friend over?"

Izzy groans. "No Mom, I know what you're doing?" Quinn feigns innocence. "And whatever is that?" She asks with a sly smile. "Fine", Isabella agrees, leaving the café and to the clothing store, where she found Julian cashing something at the cash register. It was already packaged in a small box, with baby blue wrapping. He quickly sets it in the bag, upon seeing her.

He cleared his throat. "Hey Bella. How'd it go?" She smiles. "My Mom wants to meet you, and heads up she thinks we're together, so go easy will you?" Julian chuckles. "I guess I could pretend to be your boyfriend. No harm in that", he winks at her. She loops her hand through his, tugging him across the street and into the café, where Quinn was waiting, biting into a chocolate glazed donut.

She sets it aside, wiping her hands before standing. "Julian this is my Mom, Quinn. Mom this is my friend Julian". Quinn smiles happily, stretching out her hand. He shook her hand. "Pleasure meeting you Mrs. Wilde". Quinn shook her head. "None of that. It's just Quinn, I'm not married anymore". Julian nods. "Sure thing......Quinn". They took a seat, ordering and getting acquainted.