12: Silent Promises

"I'm giving you full custody of that thing", Julian jokes, talking over the loud crying of the doll. Izzy rolls her eyes. "This just reminds me how I'm never having kids", she laughs. Julian nods. "And we have to name it". She rolls her eyes. "Probably it can be fun". Julian shrugs. "It won't Bella. Are you aware this thing actually cries? And it'll wake us up in the middle of the night?"

She shrugs, taking up the doll. "Then I'll be a single mom then, simple". Julian frowns. "No you won't". "How about Ivy?" He suggests after a few seconds. She shrugs. "That's nice." Julian sighs. "God this is going to be a long two months". He turns his head to look at her.  Izzy smiles. "And I'm beat already".

Julian slides out of bed, taking the doll off the bed. "I'll be right back". Propping herself on her elbow. "You're not doing what I think you're doing right?" A sheepish look crosses his face. "An F isn't the end of the world Bella, I'll just take it to the curb, we'll tell Miss Turner that a dog ate it".

She smiles. "I can't get an F Julian, does it have an off button or something?" Julian sighs, assessing it. "Nope, it doesn't". He sighs. "I'll just put it downstairs". She watched him leave the room, the sound of the doll's crying retracting.

Julian returned moments later, two bottles of beer in hand. He sat beside her on the bed, handing her one. She took it, watching him get settled beside her, throwing an arm around her shoulder. He took a sip, and she watched his Adam's apple move with each gulp.

He turns to her, the corners of his lips lifting up in a smile. "What?" He questions. Shrugging, Izzy rests her untouched beer on the nightstand, turning fully to him. Tucking her hair behind an ear nervously, as she took his beer from him. An eyebrow rises at her action. Setting it down, she lifts herself over him, sitting on his lap, facing him.

"What are you doing?" He questions. Izzy shrugs, resting a hand on his cheek, stroking his smooth jaw, pressing a kiss there.

He groans softly, his hand tightening around her waist. "You're my boyfriend. Can't I kiss you?" He nods. "Sure you can".

She presses another kiss to the base of his throat, as his hand wandered to the curve of her ass. He found her lips easily, one hand resting at the back of her neck, coaxing her into a gentle kiss. She relaxed against him, tugging gently at the strands. He broke the kiss reluctantly, giving her thigh a gentle squeeze. She frowns. Pecking her lips, he gives her a smile.

"As much as I'd like to Bella, I can't, I don't want you thinking I'm here with you only for sex". She leans her forehead against his chest. "I won't", she murmurs against him.

She sighs. "It's okay Julian". She looks up at him, feeling a wave of shyness wash over her. Pecking her lips once more, he nods. "It's Friday, we should go out". She nods with a smile. "Great, you should know then that we have to take Ivy right?" Julian groans. "I forgot about that, it's gonna be embarrassing Bella".

Rolling her eyes she sighs. "It won't, plus it's apart of the assignment, we have to interact with the baby in public and take notes on how the world see teen parents". He nods. "I'm only doing this because of you Bella". She pecks his cheek, getting up. "Great then, I'm gonna take a shower, I'll be right back". Nodding in reply Julian gets out of bed, with a stretch. "Me too".

Before she could make it to the door, a hand around her wrist stopped her. He pulls her to him, tilting her head slightly as he kissed her. He steps back, watching as her eyes glazed over as she smiled.

He walked to the window watching her confusion, as he climbed out, jumping unto the ledge of his room, pulling himself in easily.

He sent her a wink from his room, she returns one, hurrying to take a shower.

A while later she returned to her room, her hair wet from her shower, a towel wrapped around her body. Julian was at her dresser, staring at the pictures of Isabella and her parents.

He looks around at her, his attention dropping to her smooth legs peeking from under the towel.

She crosses her arms with a sly grin. "Eyes up here Julian". He chuckles softly. She notices that his hair too was damp, now in a fitting grey hoodie and dark jeans and sneakers.

"I need to change Julian". He grins, moving towards her. "I'm not stopping you". Rolling her eyes she smiled, moving around him to her dresser, pulling out a black lace thong, a matching bra, a baby blue off the shoulder long sleeved top and black high waisted skinny jeans, and a pair of her favourite blue converse. He chuckles from behind her. "You love blue don't you?" She glances at him and shrugs.

"I'll be downstairs Bella". She nods, changing as he left. She found him in the living room, eyes fixed on the doll. "This thing is creepy, it looks so darn real". Izzy chuckles. "I know right, and it even has a few pounds to it, and that's why you're carrying her". Julian groans. "Anything but that Bella". She picks Ivy up from the coffee table. "Don't tell me we're taking the bike Julian", she frowns.

He shrugs with a smile. "We're not taking the bike".

She stares him down for a few seconds until he finally cracked.  "Alright, we won't take the bike, how about a walk then? The park perhaps?" Izzy nods. "Great". She stares at the doll happily. "In just eight months I'm gonna have a baby sister or brother, I can't wait". Julian smiles at her enthusiasm. "You're perfect, you know that right?" She looks up at him with a smile, as she stretched upwards to kiss him. "You're perfect too Julian". She looked at the doll, as she talked. Julian knew he wasn't perfect.

He was far from it, he would protect her as best he could, she was the only light in his life, and he'd be dammed if he let anything ruin that.