8: Flow

A few blankets were spread unto the ground. "This is so lame you guys", Isabella protests. Emma laughs. "It's perfect, and you're playing." Maria grins. "Yup, you're playing, and the rules are, spin the bottle, kiss whoever it lands on, or if you refuse, you drink four shots".

Isabella rolls her eyes. "Fine". Elliot nods. "Okay let the game begin. I'll go first". Elliot spun the bottle, watching as it slowed down and stopped on Emma, who groans. "God not you".

"Pucker up Em", he teases, making his way to her. She rolls her eyes, but couldn't avoid making discreet glances at his lips. He drew her into a kiss, tilting her head back for better access. He bit at her lips, earning a moan from both parties.

They got up, in a kissing frenzy, stumbling to the porch steps. Elliot peeled himself from off her. "Game cancelled", he shouts to them before hurrying in after Emma.

"Finally", Maria breathed out. "Those two have liked each other since kindergarten. Well I'm gonna take a dip". Maria leaves them alone, making her way to the lake.

"Dang, and I really wanted to kiss you", he murmured against her cheek. Isabella froze. He got up, holding out his hand. "Let's go for a swim". She took his hand, allowing him to pull her up. He smiled, leading her to the wooden docks. "This doesn't look safe", she says. Julian chuckles. "It's fine Bella. I'll protect you". Isabella scoffs.

Julian laughs. "What? You don't think I can". He releases her hand, she hadn't realized he was still holding to flex his muscles. She couldn't help but laugh. They sat on the wooden docks, dipping their feet in the cool water below. Maria and swam far out and was doing laps back and forth, her movements sleek and fluid under the gaze of the moonlight.

"Have you heard from him? That ass Joshua I mean". Isabella looks away from watching Maria swimming and sighs deeply. "No I haven't, why?" Julian shrugs. "Just curious". They fell into complete silence, just taking in the beautiful scenery.

They returned inside hours later, Isabella taking  a shower, while everyone else watched a movie downstairs.  She got dressed, heading downstairs, to join them.

She broke from the group when the movie had ended to go out onto the balcony, taking a glass of wine with her, blanket draped over her shoulders to stave away the cold. It was a full moon that night, stars shimmering across the sky. "It's beautiful ain't it?" She jumps,  startled. "Sorry if I scared you." Julian apologizes. She nods, trying to calm her racing heart, and it wasn't just him catching her off guard but being alone with him again. Her heart fluttered in her chest, or maybe it was just the wine. She gazed down at the nearly empty glass, twirling it slowly in her grasp. She looked up to find him staring at her, the look in his eyes she couldn't quite decipher, he looked absolutely flawless under the light of the moon.    Biting her lower lip she reminded herself that they were just friends and nothing  more than that, it was obvious they both had some kind of mutual connection but she didn't dare to test the waters.

He smiled, moving to stand beside her near the balcony, elbows on the railing, looking at her from the corner of his eyes. on the "Are you enjoying yourself?" She nods, taking a seat on the peach lounger, not being able to work her legs properly as they weakened under her.

"That's nice to hear, Bella", he responds. He took a seat beside her. "My parents used to take me out here as a kid", he says softly. "That was before they got divorced, and before my father started smacking my Mom around".

"That's terrible", she says. Julian shrugs. "I guess it is". He clears his throat. "So how's your Mom doing, pregnancy wise?" She smiles. "She's very grumpy and goes through these hilarious tantrums when she doesn't get her way". Julian smiles. "And your father?" She sighs deeply. "She hasn't told him as yet, she doesn't even know if she'll keep the baby or you know.....get rid of hit." Her heart clenched at the thought of loosing another sibling. As quickly as the thought had come, she pushed it out of her mind, not wanting her mind to go there. 

He nods. "I think he deserves to know, if she's keeping it, it's not right keeping it from his father".

Isabella nods. "I think the same".

"When we get back, I wanna take you somewhere", he says. She nods. "Where?"

He laughs. "Somewhere". She groans with a pout. "Somewhere isn't an answer, Julian."

"For now it is. I'm gonna head in you can come up whenever you want". She watched him leave the balcony, bringing her attention to the night sky, as a yawn slipped past her lips.

Getting up, she made her way to the kitchen, setting the empty glass in the sink, Julian was in the kitchen, leaning against the counter, a bottle of beer pressed to his lips. He stops places his bottle on the counter, and walked over to her, where she stood watching him with intrigue. Rough hands cupping her cheek he guides her lips to his, she tasted sweet, the wine and something else he couldn't quite place. Isabella sags into him, one arm going to his waist, clenching his shirt in her grip, the other making its way to the nape of his neck, playing and tugging at the soft hairs there. Julian moans against her lips as the kiss went from soft and passionate to hurried and frenzy, Isabella panting when he finally broke free and  kissed his way down to her neck, nipping softly at a spot she just came to knew that made her entire body go weak. 

They pulled away minutes later, breathing loudly. She didn't know how to react, what to say, what to do. He kissed her again, the smirk never leaving his face. "I've made you speechless". Her face heated up in embarrassment. Pressing a kiss to both her cheeks, he kissed her forehead. "Be my girl Bella."

Her mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water. She swallowed. She couldn't deny that she liked him, that the simplest of touches turned her into a nervous wreck, that her heart sped up at the mere mention of him. They hadn't known each other long, was it the right thing to do? She had just ended things with Josh, was she being hasty starting something with Julian now?