26: A Visit

Izzy met up with Elliot and Emma at the local café, along with Maria who joined them shortly after. "We haven't hung out in ages", Maria pouts. Izzy nods in agreement. They ordered and chatted. "How about we have a movie date you guys?" Izzy suggests. Emma nods. "Sounds great", Elliot presses a kiss to her forehead. "You guys are too cute", Izzy gushes. Elliot shrugs.

"It's in my DNA to be cute Izzy", he boasts. "Where's lover boy by the way?" He asks. "He went to meet a friend, we're going on a date when he gets back", she says.

Maria frowns, resting her cup of warm chocolate on the table. "Isn't it weird though you guys that we have never met any of Julian's friends?"

Emma chuckles. "I have a pretty good idea why they would want to stay away". Maria rolls her eyes. "Ha, ha. Very funny Emma, I'm not a stalker, I'm a dedicated girlfriend-". A laugh erupted from Izzy. "That's another way to put being a stalker nicely, if there's such a way". Elliot and Emma joined in on the laughter, until Maria finally caved and joined in.

The few hours they spent together was much needed on Isabella's part. She needed the distraction.

When they parted ways after promising to meet up for their movie date the following day, Isabella made her way back home. She had an entire year to figure out her life, they had all agreed to wait a year before returning to school, Isabella had already sent out a few résumés at a few local hangout spots in town.

The house was quiet as she slipped inside, closing the door behind her. Julian had already gotten a job at an auto mechanic shop, and she was proud of him. Before she could sit on the couch, the doorbell rang. With a sigh she returned to the door, thinking it was Julian, he was due to return any time soon.

She opened the door. Slade stood on the other side, a smile painted on his lips. She smiles. "Mr. Austin, I wasn't expecting you". Slade nods. "I was in the area and stopped by to see Julian, is he home?" Isabella shook her head. "He's out now". She glances at her watch. "He should be back soon. You can come in if you like. I can call him if you like?" Slade nods. "That sounds ideal". She steps from the door allowing him entry.

"This is a beautiful home", Slade says looking around. Isabella nods. "Thank you, my Mom designed it". Slade frowns. "I heard about the accident and I'm very sorry for your family's loss".

Izzy nods. "Thank you". She clears her throat. "Can I offer you a beer or water?" Slade nods. "A beer would be fine". She grabbed one from the fridge, using her free hand to send Julian a quick text.

You're uncle's here, he wants to talk to you.

Immediately her phone pinged.

Get out of the house-

"You okay?" She jumps from his nearness, her phone clattering to the floor. The screen was shattered from the impact. She rests a hand over her racing heart. "Y-yeah. I'm fine". She picked up the phone sliding back in the battery and powering on the phone. She was completely freaked out by Julian's text. Why should she get out of the house?

She excused herself and went upstairs locking herself in her room. She tried calling Julian, but the shattered screen prevented her from seeing much. She proceeded to the home phone and dialed his number. Immediately he picked up. "Shit, I'm on my way over, where are you now?" She frowns. "In my room", she answers shakily just as the distinct sound of boots coming up the staircase met her ears. "Close the door Isabella". He orders. "What's going on?" She demands frantically. "Just close the door and don't let Slade in. Lock yourself in the bathroom. I'm on my way".

Before she could even move the sound of the door ripping from it's hinges made her cringe as Slade kicked down the door. "I won't hurt you little girl, just do as I say", he says. She heard Julian curse on the other end, but the only thing she could focus on was the knife dangling in one hand.

She dropped the phone making a dash for the door when a searing pain reverberated throughout her head. Slade's fingers tightened around her hair dragging her from the door. "You want me to hurt you don't you?" He snaps, throwing her across the room.

Pain flooded throughout her body as her back slammed against the wall. Pushing herself up on her hands she struggled to get up, the previous impact leaving her vision hazy.

"If he had paid your little boyfriend a visit, we wouldn't be in this little predicament Isabella. I don't like to hit women, but to get my point across, for you I'll make an exception".

A fist pounded into her stomach, knocking the breath out of her completely. "And this is me going easy on you". He says. She tried blocking his attacks, but the punches rained down on her all the same. The metallic taste of blood flooded her mouth as she spat it out with a grimace.

"Do you even know who you're with? What my nephew is capable of? You're a naïve little girl aren't you?" He chuckles squatting before her. "I wonder how long he'll take to get here. If my suspicions are right, he's rushing over here right now". He stood up.

"Well I've got to run. I'll see you next time Isabella". He walked over her crumpled form on the floor, the sound of his heavy boots retreating downstairs.