19: On My Knees

After they had packed up their stuff, he held her hand, the other carrying the picnic basket. They made their way to the car, where Nate was on the phone, he hung up, stomping out a blunt beneath his feet.

"Madam and Monsieur Juliet, your carriage awaits". Izzy laughs. She opened the door and helped Julian with the basket. They got in and Nate drove off. "So where are we going now?" Izzy asks. Julian shrugs. "Did you bring a swimsuit?" He asks. Izzy nods. "We're going to the beach right?" Another shrug. Izzy groans. "Julian, stop being so secretive".

Julian chuckles. "Where's the fun in being not?" The car ride passed and soon they were pulling into the parking lot overlooking the beach. Helping her out, Julian interlaced their fingers together, guiding her down the steps that were cut into the rock onto the sand.

Izzy releases his hand to slip off her sneakers, digging her toes in the sand, the warm salty sea breeze surrounding them. She grins up at him. "You're perfect, you do know that right?" Julian smiles, throwing an arm around her shoulder. "That's my line babe".

He lead her to the water, letting go only to pull his t-shirt over his head, grinning at the awestruck look on her face, as her eyes took him in.

He stood before her, in only a pair of swim trunks, hair ruffled from the car ride, and still managed to pull off what she thought probably was his permanent 'sexy' look. He didn't even have to try, another reminder of how head over heels she was for him. But she still felt that things were a bit rushed, they had met only a few weeks ago, but it felt so right...so natural to love him.

Her breaths faltered. It was far too soon, too soon to get that serious. But there wasn't a time on love was there? When it happens it just does. A slight breeze drifted over them, and she got out of her jumper, pulling the peach top over her head, watching with a smirk as Julian's eyes widened, trailing a scorching heat wherever his eyes went. It was a simple red swim suit, with black lace running down the middle, the sides in a diamond cut-out.

"Fuck", Julian whispers. He wraps an arm around her waist, resting his forehead on hers, revelling in the small touch. "You're breathtaking Bella", he says, resting his palm flat against her back, the other cupping her neck, before pulling her in a slow kiss, he could feel the rapid thumps of her heart against his chest, which matched the fast paced rhythm of his.

Her hands wrapped around his waist, clinging unto him, as if he would disappear. A soft moan bubbled from within her as he angled her head better as he slid his tongue against hers, tentative at first, then with a passion burning so fierce he forgot how to breathe. Pulling away, completely breathless, he rests his head against hers. "Let's swim". He suggests.

The water was warm and inviting, as it wrapped around her legs. She dove into the water, loving the feel of the water. She splashed Julian, which turned into another make-out session, it was as if he was irresistible, she couldn't help herself.

Not that Julian was complaining either. He loved the little moments they shared, which was ultimately the building blocks of their relationship, every moment they spent together, everything they did together. He loved every moment.

He loved who he was around her, she made him laugh and smile, she made him happy and free. He hadn't felt like this before. Snapping out of his daze, he looked at her as she smiled up at him, the day couldn't get any better than this. "Thanks for taking me Julian", she says softly. Julian felt his heart race once more, in reply he pulled her into a mind shattering kiss, that erased all doubts of what he was feeling for her. Love.

The day went on, and after taking a break from the water, he bought them hotdogs and sodas at the boardwalk. They found a seat under a tree and ate in comfortable silence. "So the dance is coming up". Julian says. Izzy nods. "I know". Julian turns to face her. "I know I said I didn't want to go Izzy, but now I do, only if you'll go with me. I know you didn't want to go either, so...no pressure". Izzy smiles. "I don't want to go to the dance, but I had something else in mind." She bit her lip nervously.

"Just you and me, Rockford Cliff's, after the graduation ceremony". A smile lit up his face. "You're a genius Izzy, just the two of us. Perfect". Heat seared through her cheeks and she laughs. He threw their wrappers and empty soda cans in the trash, interlacing their fingers as he guided her to the car.

"There's one more surprise Bella", he tells her, watching as her demeanor lit up in excitement. She toys with the necklace around her neck. "But I didn't get you anything", she frowns. He kisses her forehead. "You didn't need to, you being here is all I need".

Izzy could see the headlines. Overly romantic stud of a boyfriend kills girlfriend with sweetness.

Nate was still at the car, she didn't doubt the obvious strength of their friendship. Julian was lucky to have him. They got in the car, and Julian told him to drive to Izzy's place. She was excited about his surprise, she felt like a kid who'd eaten too much candy.

Julian was absentmindedly playing with her fingers the entire drive, wondering if it was too much, or too little, what if she didn't like it? He bit his lip looking down at her. The car pulled up in the driveway of Izzy's house, and he thanked Nate again. Nate drove off when they had gotten out of the car, yelling at them to use protection. Izzy bit the inside of her cheek nervously as she unlocked the door and led them to her room.

She froze, eyes flickering over the numerous bags on the floor. "What's this?" She questions. Julian shrugs, but couldn't hide the smile. She dropped to her knees gently, prying the bags open. Her heart skipped a beat. "You did this...for me?" Her eyes fell to the books again. A lot of them, the other bag was smaller, she opened it, chocolate greeted her, another smaller box was on top, too small, small enough for a....her breath hitched as the option rushed through her mind.

Before she could open it though, Julian took it from her, and went down on one knee. "I couldn't talk myself out of this Bella, not that I wanted to. And I knew it was too soon for that, so I got you this instead. I know we haven't been together that long, but I knew you were mine the first day I met you. I had just transferred to Star Valley High, and I saw you in the library at lunch break, I was scared to talk to you in fear I'd freak you out. But then I watched you from afar, you were so different from the other stuck up girls I saw here, then when we ran into each other, I couldn't fight it. I wanted you to be mine."

He bit his lip, clearing his throat. "I know we are too young to think about marriage, we can wait a couple years if that's what it would take, because I want you to be mine Isabella. I know this promise ring isn't much, but I'm saving to buy you a better one Bella. So will you Isabella? Would you consider having me as your husband?"