Chapter 46

Marco's POV

"So it is finalize, the deal is close. Another partnership with the Manoban Group?." I offered Mr. Park a hand.

"Yes, hoping we can have a good start." He accepted.

"That's it Mr. Manoban. I'll be leaving now, I have meeting to attend." Mr. Park stood up.

"Oh sure, my secretary will be dealing with you out." I stood up. I lift my hand, gesturing my secretary to assist him out.

"Thank you Mr. Park." I bowed.

Mr. Park nodded and my secretary lead him the way.

My gaze followed them, just long enough for me to see them head out from my office.

"Wow. Thank you." I murmured then crashed myself into my office chair.

I closed my eyes while breathing deeply. Toxic day.

"Oh." I took a glance on my rolex.
It's 8:05 am.

How's my family doing?
Do I really have to leave our house?
This is totally a distraction, I can't focus, knowing we are not in a good state.

It's a burden.

"What to do?" I put back my attention to my laptop, trying to make myself busy.

I really wanted to ask an apology but I don't think I have the guts to face them.

"Wtf." I closed my eyes.

I can't focus.
I really can't.

"Calm down." I massage my temple. I shouldn't stress myself. That's what my doctor's advice, overthinking and stressing myself isn't proper for a person having a heart problem.
This can cause sudden attack.

What if I die?
Will they forgive me?
Who will manage the company?
Who will protect my family?
My Li-

"We have to talk." I was startled, seeing my daughter at the open door of my office.

"C-co, Come inside." I handed her way on the couch here inside.

She showed me her emotionless face.
What brought her here?
And she's wearing a Nordstorm tuxedo.
A Office suit?
O-office suit?

Lisa's POV

I didn't waste my time, right after I discovered about his condition, I asked my mother where I could find him and Jennie help me to fixed myself. She even wanted to accompany me but I didn't let her. I know she have to meet Seulgi and others so I just let her to leave this everything to me.

*Flashback*

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" She asked as she fixed the nordstorm tuxedo she chose for me to wear.

"You have to meet those people so stop bothering baby." I held her cheeks.

She smiled.
That smile, her smile that strengthens me.

"But I wanna come with you." She pouted.

"Aigooo~." I prolonged, long enough for me to bring my woman in a hug.

"Let me handle this Nini. Just go meet up our friends, your friends. I'm sure Jisoo, Sana and Dahyun are coming also." I tried to convince her but I know she will insist again.

She moved out and then faced me while her arms still wrapped on my torso.

"You want me to have fun? While you are in pain? Fuck that idea." She unclasped her arms and distance herself from me.