•~17: The Birthday~•

... Endgame destroyed me but I still loved it. Tomorrow is my friends b-day so I'm gonna go see it again =/

But on the bright side... Look at that sweet little border collie!!! =D

April 27. That's what Wanda told me when I asked when my birthday was. What day is it today? April 27. Today is my birthday. Everything is normal, which is odd because nothing is EVER normal in the tower. Here's how today went:

I woke up around 9am. I curled my hair and wore a blue and teal flannel with slightly ripped skinny jeans and sneakers. I walk downstairs and pancakes and bacon are being made by Wanda and a little help from Natasha.

I offered to help but they declined, so I went on, sat with Pietro in the lounge room, and we watched Stranger Things. After a while we went to eat and then went on with our afternoon.

Now it's 2pm and still no one has brought up the fact that my birthday was today. Maybe they just forgot. No, they wouldn't do that. I mean, Tony might forget but I know Wanda and Pietro wouldn't forget.

Maybe they're testing me. Trying to jog my memory and see if I can remember my own birthday. Now that I think of it, that sounds like the most stupid idea. Well, besides the fact that someone (*cough cough* Tony) accidentally released a gas in the tower, which turned everyone into cats.

Anyway.

I'm starting to lean towards the fact that they forgot. It didn't bother me much cause today just felt like a normal day.

[}~Later that day~{]

We had just got done eating dinner. Everything was still normal. Did I bring anything up? No. Why? Cause logic. Everyone knows that you don't bring up a birthday until the day after the birthday itself. So I sticked with logic and tried not to break the logic rules.

I was back in my room, watching Stranger Things on the laptop. The laptop had been used sometime in my past, which I obviously can't remember. I had sneaked a cup of orange juice after dinner so I was drinking that as well.

It was about one Stranger Things episode later. I was in the midst of taking a sip of my orange juice when someone said something from behind me.

"Hey, Anya." I hear a voice.

I choke on and spit out my orange juice back into the cup, since it scared me. I look behind me and see Pietro, laughing. I did what every logical person would do. I showed off my beautiful middle finger. He laughs louder and walks into the room. I pause the episode and turn to him.

"What do you want?" I ask, still kinda mad at him.

"There is a meeting starting." Pietro informs.

My eyebrows furrow. "Dont they usually tell us there is a meeting the day if the meeting?"

Pietro shrugs. I get up and follow him down the stairs. We were heading towards the meeting room, which is usually where the meetings are held, when we take a left and into the lounge room. This is weird.

Pietro then runs behind me and puts his hands in front of my eyes. "Pietro!" I say with a slight laugh. I dont even know where we're going anymore since I can't see a single thing.  We take some lefts and rights. We then stop. It was dead silence.

Pietro removes his hands and reveals the lounge room. There were balloons on the ceiling and gifts on the coffee table. Everyone yelled "Surprise" then and did I jump? Yes. Yes I did.

The party started with cake, which ended up being strawberry and funfetti, which is one of my two favorites. After that was presents. From Steve, Bucky, and Sam, I got the newest sound track from P!ATD and a new pair of earphones, which I badly needed.

Natasha and Clint got me the whole book series called "Percy Jackson" or something, which I guess was Nat's idea. They also got me "Diary of Anne Frank" which was amazing cause I'm somehow fascinated by WWII, so it was probably Clint's idea.

From Rhodey, Vision and Tony, I got a Stranger Things t-shirt and an expensive silver watch, which I also needed since I always have to ask what time it is. It was obvious Tony was annoyed by me asking so much.

I realised that Wanda and Pietro never got me a present. I didn't bring it up since I would kinda sound spoiled and you know, logic rules. You can't break those. But still, I was confused on how I didn't get a present from my own siblings.

After presents, we mainly talked for a while before everyone had to go and do there own thing. So now I was back in my room, watching Stranger Things, cause why not. Not even an episode later, there was a knock on the door.

I pause the episode as they enter. It was Wanda and Pietro. Should I bring up the present topic? Yaaaaaa cause logic rules once again.

"Hey." Wanda smiles.

"Hey." I reply. 

Pietro came in from behind Wanda. "So about the party." Wanda starts.

"We didn't forget." Pietro interrupts.

"I figured." I reply with a smile.

"And the present thing." Wanda starts, staring at Pietro and mentally telling him not to interrupt her.

"We didn't forget that either." Pietro interrupts with a smirk.

Wanda smacks him on the arm. I hold in my laugh as they mentally battle against each other.

"Anyway. The reason we didn't get to give you your present was because-" Wanda was cut off once again.

"We got you this." Pietro says excitedly.

Wanda moves out of the way to reveal a kennel. My eyebrows furrow. "You got me a dog cage?" I ask.

Pietro snickers and Wanda rolls her eyes. "No we didn't get you a dog cage. It's what's inside."

They open up the cage. Pietro kneels down and grabs a small, black and white, fluffy puppy. I put a hand over my mouth, trying not to screech cause that puppy is adorable! Pietro hands me the puppy. It's so fur was so soft and smooth.

"So what are you gonna name her?" Pietro asks.

I think for a moment. The puppy was so shy, which was uncommon for a lot of puppies. It's big brown eyes look up at me. I swear this dog will be the death of me. Zoey? No. To common. Collie? No, that's just ironic, seeing that she's a border collie. It then hits me.

I smile to myself. "Peyton."

•••••

It was around 8 and the sun was only starting to set. I was outside in the courtyard with Peyton. I threw the ball and looked down at her. She looked up at me, as if asking me for permission to go get it. I smile and gesture her to the ball.

She gets up excitedly and runs towards the ball, only to trip on a branch. I watch as she gets up, knowing she was fine. She seemed to forget all about the ball and was now focused on the branch.

Peyton started growling at the twig and barking at it. I start laughing and walk over to her. She looks up at me cluelessly. I pick up the twig and throw it near the ball. She runs towards the twig and mentally debates which one she should pick up and bring back.

There was a snap from behind me. I jump and turn around. It was a German Sheppard. I furrow my brows and search for a collar. No collar. Weird. Maybe it has a chip.

By this time, Peyton had ran to me and the Shepharrd. She barked at it and growled. I look down at her and tell her to stop. She does, but gives a deathly stare to the Sheppard. I pick up Peyton and turn back around. There stood Monica.

So, there is a picture of Peyton at the top if you haven't seen that yet. I know it's kind of a cliffhanger but I'll explain more in the next chapter. Thanks for reading =)

~Alaina 💙✌

Word Count: 1379