XI

For the past two weeks, Subaru thought he was going insane. Every night at ten o' clock, Yume appears. First he could smell her favorite perfume and next he would see her ghost. She appears where ever Subaru is. There was this one time where he was taking a shower. He was behind a shower curtain when he opened them to see Yume sitting by the toilet with a bored expression.

He screamed like a girl.

Due to her appearance every night, he could not focus on the preparations and practices of the wedding. When ever it was his turn to enter, (he is Nozumo's best man) he would either trip and fall or walk straight and bump into someone or something. Though there was this one time where he tripped on the stairs.

His mind was only focused on what happened every night that he could not pay attention to the things around him. Like right now.

"Kanata raise your arms properly!"

"I'm just a ring bearer. Why do I need a costume?"

"The theme is "Formal". You can't wear skinny jeans and a shirt"

"Why are weddings crucial?"

"You won't marry Ako?"

" ... "

"That's what I thought"

Subaru sighed deeply as he placed Koharu's measuring tools beside her. His thoughts wandered off from why Yume appeared to him in a school uniform to Yume laying down on the bathroom floor. Do ghosts go to school too?

"Nah. That can't be it"

He wasn't paying attention to his surround because he bumped into something. Or rather someone. They fell to the floor, with Subaru (instincts) protecting the person, and groaned in pain.

He saw the person's eyes. Orange citrus orbs. He glanced at the person's hair. Dirty blonde hair decorated with pink hues. He stared the person's skin. Pale skin with a hint of life. Although the person went red.

He realized who this person is. Nagisa Ezra. He immediately stood up and before he could help Ezra up, someone else was there to help him.

"Are you okay Ezra?"

"Y-Yes" Ezra stuttered out.

"I'm sorry Ezra. I didn't see you there"

Ezra just shook his head no "No its alright. Besides have you seen my glasses?"

The person who helped Ezra up said "Here"

Ezra squinted his eyes so he could see clearly at the blurred image he is seeing.

When he finally received his glasses, "Thanks Zen"

Zen smiled at him "No prob"

Subaru stared at Ezra. "How can you still play Toram Online when you're under glasses supervision?"

Ezra scratched his neck sheepishly. "When I was a kid, I had poor eyesight"

"So its not because you play Toram?"

Ezra blushed in embarrassment. Zen chuckled and slung his arm around Ezra's neck. "Don't underestimate him Subaru. This guy is always top of his class"

Ezra blushed more. "But do be careful Subaru. Watch where your going"

And the two left. "But do ghosts still have to go to school?"

.

"Hey Nanakura-san!"

Koharu and Subaru turned around to see Zen and Ezra.

"You don't really have to-"

"Can Ezra stay at my place?"

Koharu wore a neutral look on her face. "How old are you?"

"I'm 26"

"You work?"

"At a cafe"

"Near?"

"Spring West Mall"

Koharu smiled "Okay. Ezra can stay at his place"

Zen smiled brightly.

Koharu approached him and whispered something in his ear. After Koharu whispered the thing she was whispering, Zen blushed deep red.

Koharu walked beside Subaru.

"What did you whisper to him?"

"Something"

Subaru snickered. Koharu laughed then frowned.

"Are you okay? You haven't been paying attention lately and when ever we practice you would trip and fall or walk straight and bump into someone or something"

"You were acting like this since last week. Is something bothering you?"

Yes. "No"

Koharu furrowed her eye brows. "Then explain your behavior"

Subaru sighed. "I've been thinking"

"Stop what your thinking"

"But its about Ezra and Zen"

"Continue what you're thinking"

"But you just told me five seconds ago to stop what I'm thinking"

"Nevermind what I just said"

"Which?"

"The previous one"

"Which previous one?"

"Eight seconds ago"

Word Count : 688