Acknowledgement

Thank you very much for staying with the story! Despite the ups and downs and the less updates. I'm really glad I finished this and I still wondered why I let Yume die in the first book... I would gladly rewrite it but at the same time I don't and I'm highly satisfied with the ending.

When I first wrote the first chapter of "Fall on Me" it was after I published the last chapter of "The Red String Of Fate". I actually don't know why I didn't publish the first chapter when I had the chance and only published it last year, 2019 somewhere around January I think, I don't exactly remember, but when I re-read the draft of the first chapter, I immediately cringed. I really don't like the way I wrote Subaru's point of view so I decided to rewrite it.

And I would like to actually point out that the ending you've read isn't the original ending. Well  the chapter does end with Subaru having one final dream where Yume is alive but the events are different. The original ending took place in a cliff side, like there's a cliff and there's water below. Yume is wearing a black sweater and a very long red skirt and she's holding a bouquet of flowers, mostly roses. There are two colored roses, one is red and the other is yellow, I think. In that dream Subaru talks to Yume and Yume suggested that they play a game. The game's mechanic is that they hold a rose, each, and that they'll have to pluck the petals while counting. The first one who completely plucks out the petals is the winner.

This game is kind of like, um what do you call this, a bet I guess? If Subaru wins, he will say goodbye to Yume but if Yume wins, she will go away and Subaru won't say goodbye. The one who won the game is no other than Yume. So before Yume goes away and Subaru wakes up from his dream, she told him that he doesn't need to say goodbye. She also asks him why he loved her. And after that Subaru woke up. Now if I remember correctly, Subaru is holding the yellow rose and Yume is holding the red rose and I know that flowers have a meaning. Try to guess it.

But I decided to change it. I actually wanted the dream to have a deeper meaning, hence the beach. The beach has a deeper meaning, well in my own opinion, but it would be nice to know if you guys know what I'm talking about.

And when I re-read the first book, I actually found myself confused. And I should be since like I wrote the book like when I was 10 or 11. I actually don't remember why I wrote some of those stuff but I would really like to clarify the confusion and my confusion from the first book. So what is written down here is ACTUALLY official.

Why did Yume die?
Yume died because of Bone Marrow Failure and had a few years to live. She didn't tell anyone of her disease, especially to Koharu and Subaru because she didn't want to burden them. The only person she ever told about her secret is Nagisa Ezra when Ezra accidentally saw her faint and brought her to the hospital. That's when Yume decided to tell Ezra her disease and thought that he'll keep the secret until she died.

How old were they in the first book?
In the first book, Yume and Subaru's age are 15 and 16.

How long have they been dating?
Exactly 5 years.

When did Shira die?
Shira died when Subaru was 14, so exactly one year before the story happened.

Who exactly is Shira?
Shira Yuuki, the older sister of Subaru Yuuki. Is a pro photographer who died at the age of 18 because of Bone Marrow Failure.