XII

"Will you dance with me?"

He asked the person in front of him. She giggled and bowed down at him.

"I will"

He took her hand and led them through the sea of people and into the dance floor.

He held her right hand on his left hand and placed her right hand on his left shoulder. With his right hand on her waist, they slowly swayed to the music.

"You look beautiful as ever Yume"

She giggled. "You too"

He rose an eyebrow. "I'm beautiful?"

She smiled. "Yeah. A beautiful handsome man"

He smirked at her.

They continue to seat to the music until a loud sickening crack erupted the sky and the ground shook. Everyone fell to their feet and it was silent.

"What's going on?"

Another loud crack and the ceiling broke. Heavy debris fell on innocent civilians. A beam was falling towards him but she pushed him away.

"YUME!"

"I was wearing a suit!" Subaru was breathing fast. He couldn't control his breathing. Again. Another nightmare about Yume. He woke up in the middle of the night.

.

"Subaru?"

It was one o' clock in the afternoon and Subaru just woke up. He took a quick shower and dressed himself in a red sweater and black jogging pants.

Subaru smiled at Zen and yawned.

"Did you sleep well last night?"

"I slept late"

Zen shook his head "So what would you like today?"

Subaru thought hard. He missed breakfast and lunch. He could have a combination of those.

"Four slices of blueberry waffles, your biggest available slice of lasagna, and a cup of coffee. Latte"

"Alright"

The door opened and came in another customer. Subaru and Zen glanced at the back and Zen beamed.

"Ezra!"

He was wearing a white button up shirt along with black pants. He smiled at them and approached them.

"Hi Zen. Hello Subaru"

Subaru nodded at him and yawned. Ezra noticed this and said, "A-Are you okay? Did you sleep well last night?"

"He slept late"

Ezra's mouth formed an 'oh' as Subaru received his order.

"I'll be over there" Subaru pointed at the table near the glass wall.

Zen and Ezra smiled "Sure/Okay"

Zen smiled at Ezra "The usual?"

Ezra smiled sheepishly "The usual"

.

"Wait what?"

"I said, you will be part of the band and your the lead singer"

"Who decided this?"

"Your best friend"

"Damn! I don't know what to sing!"

"Research or compose a song"

"Why are you telling me this now?"

"Your best friend decided one minute ago"

"Despicable"

"I'll send you the details right now. Bye"

"Bye"

Subaru received a 'ping' and he read the message.

Nanakura : You are the lead singer and leader of this band. Your group consists of five people, including you.
Zen will be the lead guitarist.
Mahiru will be the drummer.
Asahi will be the bassist.
Kanata will be the rhythm guitarist.
Do practice very soon Subaru. Your best friend decided this in under one minute.

Subaru grimaced "Some friend"

Word Count : 500