XXVII

"Hey Subaru."

"Hi Zen."

Zen rose an eyebrow at Subaru. "Um Subaru? I don't mean to pry but whenever you come here, you seem to be tired or that you have bags under your eyes. Have you been up all night?"

Subaru shook his head. Did he really look like that? He never bothered to look in the mirror. "No. I've been reading."

"Up all night? For the past weeks?"

"Yes."

Zen stayed silent before he shook his head and fixed his apron. "Is there anything you want to order? Aside from Lasagne and Coffee?"

Subaru stayed silent. "Iced coffee and 2 slices of blueberry cake."

Zen sighed. "You should keep it down with the caffeine. It's not healthy."

"I need it."

Zen shook his head and Subaru left the counter to sit down on his designated table. It's been two days and he hasn't given the letter to Koharu. Two days as well for not giving the key back to Ezra. A few minutes later, Zen came to his table and set the plates, utensils and drink down as he sat in front of Subaru.

Zen stayed silent until he finally asked what was on his mind. "It must be hard huh?"

Subaru glanced at Zen. "What is?"

"Disbanding."

Subaru stayed silent. "That was 2 years ago."

"I know."

Silence.

"How is it? The idol life?"

Subaru sliced himself a piece of the cake. "It's fun. The training is hard but I guess it was fun."

"There's a rule about love in that world. Idols shouldn't temper with love. Idols shouldn't fall in love with another Idol. I don't know why that rule is hammered out but I guess I understand why."

"About Shira..."

Subaru smiled lightly. "She was different. She doesn't want to become an Idol like me."

"She wanted to open up a bakery." Zen chuckled.

"Yeah. She really is unique. Her family being famous and all." Zen smiled fondly. "She's the best photographer yet she wants to open up a bakery. Funny."

"The best photographer in the world." Subaru emphasized.

Zen nodded as well. "It would be nice to see that happen but at the same," Zen stared at his fingers. "I love being with Ezra."

Subaru nodded his head. Almost finishing his first piece of cake. "Does it bother you, Subaru?"

"What does?"

"I'm dating Ezra."

"No. In fact, I'm happy that your dating Ezra."

"Why?"

"Because you're happy."

Zen furrowed his brows. "That doesn't make sense."

Subaru laughed dryly. "Nothing does."

Zen opened his mouth to say something but stopped when the door opened. Ezra came in the door with a tired look on his face. Ezra wore a red sweater that's a little to big for him, black jogging pants and white sneakers. The glasses on Ezra's face looked like they were about to fall. Zen immediately headed for Ezra. Subaru could see the eye bags on Ezra's face.

Zen lead Ezra towards Subaru's table and Ezra yawned.

"What have you been doing Ez?" Zen asked.

Ezra yawned. "I stayed up all night... trying to defeat the final boss."

Zen frowned. "I thought we were gonna defeat him together?"

Ezra gave Zen a nervous smile. "Sorry."

Zen sighed. "Anything you want to eat?"

Ezra blinked. "Strawberry," yawn. "Cake and Iced coffee."

Zen frowned. Subaru snickered. Zen left and Subaru made sure that Zen's out of sight before he reached into his pocket and handed Ezra the key.

"Oh." Ezra yawned again and grabbed the key. "Did you read the letter?"

Subaru rose an eyebrow. Why would he read a letter that's not addressed to him? "No?"

Ezra gave Subaru a confused look. "Why?"

"The letter isn't for me."

"Huh?"

"The letter isn't for me." Subaru repeated.

"But I thought she," yawn, "wrote it for you."

"So you didn't know?"

Ezra shook his head. "I know she wrote a letter and I though she wrote it for you."

Even Ezra didn't know why the letter is addressed to Koharu.

Word Count : 665