XXX

"I told Ezra that I don't know how to face him."

Koharu started when Subaru calmed down. Koharu knows very well why he's crying, hard and she doesn't want him to stop until it's finally out of his system. She doesn't want to converse with him if she stops him from crying. No, she needs him to let it all out and get over it. Calm down and that he'll settle down.

"But I didn't want him to hate me either. He told me about everything."

Subaru hummed in response.

"He told me that it was her dying wish. She didn't even leave a will." Koharu laughed dryly. "But I guess moving on is part of it."

Subaru nodded.

.

A hum. The same hum that feels familiar but he can't remember what. Subaru doesn't remember where he heard it but he's determined to find out.

"What are you humming?"

The head turned to face him. "I don't know."

Subaru groaned. "You've got to be kidding."

Yume chuckled. "FYI Subaru, it's a song."

"I know that but what song are you humming."

Yume hummed, teasing Subaru. "I don't know."

"Yume!"

"Alright geez," she rolled her eyes, "I really don't know the song but I know the lyrics."

Subaru scoffed. "How could you know the lyrics to the song but not the title of it."

"I don't know."

"You keep on saying 'I don't know'!"

Yume laughed. Silence enveloped them but Yume broke it yet again by her humming. At first Subaru thought that she was humming but when he listened closer, he realized that she was actually singing.

"Aitai to omou kaisuu ga,
Aenai to itai kono mune ga,
Kimi no koto dou omou ga oshieyou to shiteru."

Subaru rose an eyebrow at Yume. "Is this that christmas song you asked the girls about?"

Yume hummed. "Maybe." She flashed one of her smiles at Subaru.

.

Subaru's eyes opened instantly, not liking what happened after that. He is met with the dark night sky and the smell of strawberries and vanilla. It's ten. Subaru thought. But Subaru felt anger rising through his body. He sat up from his bed and glanced to where ever Yume is. Yume stood there beside his bed, watching him with curious eyes. Subaru wanted to scream at why she's there but Subaru doesn't, his anger rising more.

"What more do you want?" Subaru hissed at the ghost, surprised that the ghost didn't even flinch or disappear.

"I did everything you probably wanted! I found the key! Ezra talked to me! I gave the letter to Nanakura! She even let me read it! What more do you want!"

But Yume just stared at him, a curious expression on her face as she shrugged. Subaru thought he was crazy. Talking to a ghost with probably unfinished business, haunting his dreams.

"The nightmares should have stopped! They stopped after I gave the letter! Why are they returning after 3 days when I read the letter? You didn't want me to read it? Too bad I did!"

Subaru doesn't know why he's getting angry at a ghost. Especially his dead girlfriend's ghost. Subaru is even surprised that the ghost didn't vanish from his yelling.

"You should've been satisfied already! Aren't you satisfied?"

Subaru waited for an answer from the ghost or that she'll disappear, but none. Subaru's frustration grew more.

"Yume!"

The ghost's eyes grew wide at the name. Subaru's frustration faltered at the sight. Did she just want him to call her name?

Subaru sighed. "Is this what you want? Do you want me to call your name one last-"

"Ring."

Subaru froze. He thought he didn't hear her right. Did she just say ring? Subaru saw the ghost placing her hand, as if her hand were a telephone, over her ear, head titled to the side with a bored expression on her face. "Ring." The ghost said.

Subaru stared at her confused before his own phone started ringing. Subaru jumped at the sound and faced the direction of his phone before grabbing it and checked the caller i.d.

Ezra Nagisa

Subaru turned to where Yume is and found that she disappeared. Subaru stared at the spot she was in before he answered the call.

"Ez-"

"Subaru-san!"

Subaru flinched at the tone. There's something wrong with the way Ezra sounded. There were shuffling noises from the other end and Subaru started to get worried.

"Hey Ezra," Subaru started, trying to calm Ezra. "Hey, what's wrong? What's happening there-"

"Koharu is missing."

Word Count : 752