XXVI

Subaru stared at the letter. Rubbing his eyes to make sure he wasn't dreaming but the almost faded characters stayed still.

Koharu Nanakura

There's a letter but it's not for him. Subaru didn't know how to think or feel about this. His girlfriend made friends with a stranger and told him about her disease that she never bothered to tell anyone. Said stranger is spending his time with his girlfriend's last months and even helped her with this scavenger hunt and only to find a letter that isn't addressed to him.

Subaru felt so angry and disappointment but also betrayal? He didn't know. He has mixed feelings about the letter and Subaru doesn't know if he should tell Koharu or that he should hide the letter from her.

.

"Subaru?"

Subaru hummed in response.

"Are you okay?"

Koharu has a worried look. Subaru nodded his head. "I'm okay. I'm just tired."

Koharu didn't look so convinced but she stayed silent anyways. Subaru brought the letter with him. He really doesn't know if he should just give this to her and be done with it. Subaru still has the key with him.

"You've been silent the whole week. Are you sure your tired? Like very tired?"

Subaru nodded his head again. Koharu sighed as she went back to her work.

Subaru gathered up his courage to give Koharu letter. "Hey Nanakura."

"Yes?"

Subaru hesitated. "Never mind."

He couldn't do it. He couldn't.

Word Count : 240