Part 1

**YOU HAVE TO READ THE BOOKS IN ORDER OR YOU WILL GIVE YOURSELF SPOILERS.**

*Please make sure you've already read book1!*

----------------------------------------------------
Oh, Jesus. Not today, any day but today, please.

"God, where are they," I whispered as I dug through my purse.

I knew I should've gotten a bigger key chain, something that I couldn't easily lose.

I looked at my watch and saw it was time to head out the door, "Shit!"

I stopped digging for a moment and tilted my head to the ceiling. I took a deep breath and tried like hell not to get too worked up because then I would start sweating and I worked too hard on my makeup to mess it up because of some freakin' keys!

I sighed as I looked around the room, trying to retrace my steps and, right there, on the counter were my keys.

I huffed in annoyance and quickly snatched them up before patting myself down to make sure I had everything: my cellphone, keys, and purse.

I pulled the door open and then shut and locked it before walking down the hall and out of the apartment building.

The office building was about ten minutes away, but because of Houston traffic, I decided to leave an extra ten minutes early.

***

I pulled up to the large black daunting building and for the first time in a long time, I felt anxiety settle in my stomach like a cement block. I rested my forehead against the steering wheel and took a few deep breaths.

It's okay, totally okay. If I don't get the job then whatever. It's their loss.

Even as I tried to force myself to not care so much my leg as shaking from how much I actually cared.

I wanted this job so bad. I knew it paid well and just to say I worked here... it would be a dream come true—especially if I got to meet the CEO. I knew from business magazines that he was older but completely breathtaking. Even just five minutes with the man would do me in for a lifetime.

I sat up straight at the thought. No, I didn't want to meet him. I would make a complete and utter fool of myself. I would try my hardest to steer clear of him.

A knock sounded in the window and I jumped before looking at the older gentleman smiling down at me. I rolled my window down a fraction, "Hi, my name is Henry. I'm the valet, would you like me to..."

Oh, yeah. I probably can't just sit in front of the building for the next—I looked at the clock on the dash—ten minutes, I guess.

I cleared my throat, "Yeah, sorry."

He pulled my door open and before I got out I rolled the window up.

I backed away from the car, "So, I just...And you'll..?" I'd never been somewhere with a valet so I wasn't exactly for sure how the process worked. 

"I'll take good care of your car for you, miss," he stated in a gentle voice and somehow it helped to calm me.

"Thank you," I murmured and turned around to look at the doors of the building.

"Do you mind me asking what your name is, miss," he asked from behind me.

I turned back around, "Daisy."

He smiled lightly, "Good luck, Ms. Daisy."

I smiled lightly as well, "Thank you, Henry."

I took a deep breath and forced my feet to start moving towards the door. I yanked it open a little too forcefully but by the grace of God, no one was in the lobby except the woman at the front desk.