Part 26

After we ate we decided that Times Square was best saved for night time. We would have to come back for that as we had work tomorrow back in Houston, but for now, we walked twenty minutes to Central Park.

It fascinated me that there was, like, one patch of greenery in this huge concrete jungle. Almost everyone walked past us like we were strangers, and we were, but a few people had recognized Preston and asked for pictures.

I stood quietly off to the side as women put their hands around his waist, looked at him lovingly, and some, boldly, kissed his cheeks. I suppressed the urge to shower him with affection in front of them as I understood it was a dream come true to finally meet your idol.

We walked past street performers and statue people before we made it to the park and we held hands as we strolled past people of all different races and nationalities.

People came here from all over the world to become someone famous, but I could tell that Preston liked it here because we blended in with the crowd. He didn't have to take pictures and sign autographs and pretend that he was happy to have moments of his life where he was hounded by people from every angle.

We stopped after a while for a snack, but I was eager to continue.

We only made it through half of the self-guided park tour before my feet started hurting and I was ready to go. The sights were beautiful and we even saw a couple get engaged at the Gapstow Bridge, but my favorite was the Bethesda Fountain.

We each threw a penny in the fountain and made a wish, mine being that whatever he did in life, I hoped Preston would be happy. He deserved it even if it wasn't with me.

"What did you wish for," he asked suddenly after a while of being in the cab on the way to the airport.

I blushed, "I can't tell you or it won't come true."

He smirked, "Well, I wished for--"

I placed a hand over his mouth with a chuckle, "It won't come true, Preston. I don't want to know."

He gently pulled my hand away before placing a kiss to the palm, "It might've already."

I blushed brighter but turned to look back out my window.

***

I wasn't ready to leave him. We were in his car heading back to my apartment and I wasn't ready to sleep in my own bed by myself again.

He pulled up to my apartment and I took a deep breath before sighing.

"I would come up and stay the night but I'm afraid that neither of us will stay true to your word," he said in a light voice before grabbing my hand and kissing my knuckles.

"What if I don't want us to stay true to my word," I whispered as I played with a stray piece of lint on my pants.

"You're voiding your two-week notice," he asked. I could hear the hope in his voice before I looked up and smiled.

"Yeah, I'm voiding it. There's no way I'm going anywhere if you'll still have me."

He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, "Of course, I'll still have you," he stated in a low voice.

I sighed again, "I really am sorry for not believing you when you said you didn't do anything with Amelia. I was just jealous and hurt and it was horrible of me to hold a two-week notice over you."

He chuckled softly, "It's fine. I shouldn't have gone to dinner with her, I'll admit that, but when I'm with someone, I'm with them, and I had already gotten into a relationship with you. I didn't cheat, Daisy. I never kissed her, never slept with her, and I'm sorry you had to see her with her hand on me as we walked into the restaurant, but she only did that for the cameras. She was never one for PDA and I guess seeing me with you on tv had her feeling possessive.

When she told me that she wanted to get back 'together' I immediately paid for our meal and left. I got drunk at a bar here in town and then I called you. I called you, Daisy because in my drunken stupor all I wanted was you. In my sober stupor, all I wanted was you. Since the moment I met you all I've wanted was you."

Fuck, here we go again.

"You better get your ass into my apartment," I threatened.

He smirked, "Are you 'pregnant' again from my words?"

I chuckled darkly before unbuckling my seat belt and leaning over the console, "I'm about to get you pregnant. Get your ass out of the car and into my bed, Preston."

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes before opening them again. His pupils were blown and he was clenching his fists so tight in his lap.

"I can't, Daisy. One more week," he said through clenched teeth.

I can't say I wasn't disappointed. I definitely was, but I respected that he respected me. I just wish he didn't.

"Fine," I huffed before smashing my lips to his. I crawled into his lap and rocked my hips into his.

I would tease him, get him nice and hard, though he already was, and then leave him with blue balls like he had with me in the airport bathroom.

I pulled away slightly and we were breathing heavily while pawing at each other. His hands went to my chest above my shirt and started squeezing while I rolled my hips harder into his.

I could feel him rock hard under me and when I leaned down to pull the trunk lever he growled before smashing his lips to mine again.

I pulled back after a moment and he pulled my shirt up and my bra down before latching onto my nipple. We were both making the most animalistic noises and my panties were drenched.

I leaned back against the steering wheel and tugged at his short strands while he switched breasts, all the while still rolling my hips into his.

His hands were gripping my hips so tightly as his fingers dug into my ass, into the bruises there. His teeth nipped and tugged my nipples and it was all very frantic and needy and frenzied before I finally came to my senses.

I pushed his head away and heard him growl as he looked up into my eyes. I tugged my bra and shirt back into place and stepped out of the car with some difficulty.

I leaned back down and kissed him once before shutting his door with his face in full shock.

I grabbed my suitcase and shut his trunk before walking to my apartment building and through the door without a glance back to him.

I was sure I would be feeling his wrath for teasing him within the next coming days.