Part 64

Apparently not hard at all.

When I had noticed the bullet hole in the targets forehead, granted not fully in the center as Dominics had been, it still sent a chill down my spine.

I had done it. And I didn't even know how. But I wasn't going to question it.

After unloading the clip in the target, with each shot getting better and better, we put our things away with Dominic saying we would dive into the boxes of ammo with tomorrow's practice.

"I would say you were lying about not having any training, but I could tell this was your first time," Dom said as we drove down the interstate towards his families estate.

It was a past time for us to be back so we decided to pick up breakfast for everyone as an excuse.

"No, this definitely was my first time even holding a gun. Trust me, I wouldn't be in the situation I'm in now if I had access to a gun when I was younger. I'd be in jail right now for manslaughter," I said solemnly.

"I don't think so, Daisy," he said quietly, "The courts would've seen what you went through and taken pity, I'm sure."

I snorted, "Right. They were going to believe a misfit nobody with truancy charges that hung with a bad crowd over the quarterback on the honor roll who was friends with everyone. There would've been no justice, Dom, none.

"I would've been made fun of and called names and people would've probably said that I was making it up because I was jealous of my popular older brother.

"They would've said that I was sick and disgusting and that I 'wanted it' because I was in love with him or something. Why else would I say my well-liked older brother had been raping me for years?"

I swiped away a lone tear that fell down my cheek and looked out my window.

"You had bruises, Daisy, broken bones. Those hospital records don't just go away," he said in a low voice as he pulled off the interstate.

"Easily explained away. 'She's always been clumsy' he would've said. I know him, Dominic. He would've had an answer and an explanation to any and everything," I said as I noticed familiar landmarks.

We were close to the house now and I was eager to wrap this conversation up. It wasn't a subject I was exactly comfortable with. 

"Look, everything's fine. Soon I won't even have to worry about Hawthorne anymore. Preston and I are going to take care of him and then we can go through life together, without any unusual worries."

He sighed as he turned down a familiar road, "Preston is still always going to be Preston. He will still be battling with the demons inside of him even when Hawthorne is out of the way. You're prepared to talk him off the ledge for the rest of your life? Because I wasn't and I had to get away from him for it. I'm strong, Daisy, but I dealt with that my whole life and even I couldn't do it anymore."

I looked into his eyes, mine showing how fiercely I felt about this, "I will never give up on him. I will never leave him again. He is mine and I am his and we are in this together."

He nodded, "I hope so. Now, take a few deep breaths. You look flustered and upset and we need to look like we just worked out and got breakfast."

I did as told and unbuckled my seat belt as he pulled into the driveway. I immediately saw Preston sitting next to Genevieve on the porch, both in rocking chairs, Preston with a cup of coffee in his hands.

I felt a slight twinge in my heart but took another deep breath.

He's mine. She's pregnant and about to get married to the man next to me.

She's a good person and she's been through a lot. She's not trying to take Preston.

Everything's fine.

I cleared my throat and grabbed the box from the back seat as I got out of the car.

"Where did you go? Gen says Dominic went to work out but I didn't realize you had gone too. I got worried when I woke up without you again," Preston said as he jogged down the steps and met me to help with breakfast.

I pressed a kiss to his lips and smiled, "Sorry, I didn't want to wake you. We went to work out and then we got breakfast burritos for everyone."

After taking just a moment to gaze into his beautiful amber eyes I knew I was making the right decision, "I love you."

He smiled as well and grabbed my hand with his free one, "I love you too, sweetheart. Maybe next time just wake me up and let me know where you're going?"

I nodded and walked up the stairs with him as Dominic and Gen were having their reunion behind us.

"So, since when do you work out with my brother," Preston asked in a playful tone as we walked into the house together and headed for the kitchen.

I chuckled, "Since I figured if I was going to be around all your model-esk family members, I needed to look the part as well. Even Gen looks hot and she's like eight months pregnant."

He set the box down on the counter, lifted me up, and stood between my legs, "You look like more of a model than we do," he said in a husky voice while squeezing my thighs.

I tangled my hands into his hair and brought him closer, "Says the man who was literally on the cover of GQ and various other magazines. And besides, you're my boyfriend, your opinion is a little bias."

He looked deep into my eyes and smiled before whispering, "You're absolutely the most beautiful woman I've ever met."

My insides felt constricted and all I could think to do was kiss him with everything I had.

This amazing man, with a complex mind and a beautiful heart—and body, because let's be real— was all mine.

"You're absolutely the most beautiful man I've ever met," I whispered against his lips.

He needed to be pampered and told how special and beautiful he was too. I had been slacking in my girlfriend duties but that all changed today, right now. He was the most important person in my life and I needed him to know, even if it was just with actions, what he meant to me. 

I could feel his smile through the kiss and then he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer until our chests were touching.

He took my bottom lip between his teeth and applied pressure and all I could do was gasp.
And like the sneaky little fox he was, he slipped his tongue into my mouth and deepened the kiss.

I moaned as his tongue caressed mine. It felt like a lifetime since I'd felt him against me, within me, his hands on me, and it was only yesterday that I was shirtless for him.

"Oh, get a fucking room, you two," a familiar voice said in a tired tone.

I pulled away and laughed as Preston pressed kisses to my sensitive neck.

"Good morning, Nyx," I said as I caught my breath.

She still looked like she had her eyes partially closed as she opened the burrito box.

"Yeah, yeah. All I came down here for was this," she held up a burrito, "It's way too fucking early for all that," she grumbled as she made her way out of the kitchen.

"Shower sex," Preston asked in a whisper as he brought his lips back to my neck for a few kisses before biting down.

"Yes, please," I whimpered as he moved his hands under my thighs and made me wrap my legs around his waist.