Part 75

*I'M SO GOD DAMN SOFT FOR HIM IT ISN'T FUNNY ANYMORE!* 😡😤❤️
———————————————

On the way home, he stopped by my favorite fast food restaurant and before I could tell him what I wanted, he started telling the cashier my order word for word.

He looked back at me after he handed her his card, "I know this all seems new, but I love you. I know you and you know me and you just need time to remember. But I'll be here to help you."

I nodded, gave him a small smile, and after we'd gotten my food and sat down at a table I felt weird being the only one who was eating.

"Do you want a bite," I asked after I'd taken an embarrassingly large bite out of my burger.

He smiled and blotted my cheek with a napkin, "No, Flower. You're more of a fast food person than I am. I'll have something when we get home."

There's that word again, and there my heart went again, but this time I didn't have a machine to give me away.

But somehow he still knew, "I miss this version of you."

I swallowed and smiled, "What do you mean?"

"This shy, blushing, little flower that you were before I brought you out of your shell. I called that version of you the 'Lioness'. She's a take charge, no bullshit, badass woman," he said with pride in his voice like he was remembering something...something that I had no memory of at the moment.

I set my burger down and wiped my hands with a napkin before taking a deep breath, "Are you going to tell me what happened? What caused me to lose my memory?"

"Ah, that's a story for another time," he said as he took a sip of my water.

I rolled my eyes, "I deserve to know, Mr—Preston."

"You haven't called me 'Mr. Blackstone' in a long time," he sighed.

I looked down and felt ashamed, like the reason I had amnesia was my fault or something, "I'm sorry, I still feel like I don't really know you. I know you have all these memories of us, but I just remember that first day of you training me."

"I told you to call me Preston back then," he said as he looked out the window.

"You did. I'm sorry," I sighed.

I felt a finger under my chin and it lifted my face until I was looking into his piercing amber eyes, "You've got nothing to be sorry about, Flower. I should be more gentle and understanding. I'm the one who's sorry. I'm the reason you're like this," he waved his hand over my body.

"What do you mean you're the reason," I asked, fear in my voice.

Had he hit me?

Did he abuse me and I just couldn't remember?

Where the pictures just for show?

"I should've made sure Katherine was watching you better. I should've reminded her that you were prone to running, but I didn't. All I could think about was...and then you showed up and..."

He sighed but I was still stuck with a one-track mind, "Do you hit me?"

He looked up with wide eyes, "What?!"

His outburst caused a few people around our booth to look over at us but all I could focus on was him.

I shrank back in fear, "Well, you said you were the reason why I had a concussion and apparently I've been shot in the shoulder. Am I...do you..."