Part 27

"Good morning, Miss Mitchell," Nicole smiled at me, "And congratulations."

I smiled back immediately knowing she was talking about the news report of me and Preston. We were depicted as the business worlds hottest new couple. I was beaming with pride and there was an extra bit of pep in my step.

"Thank you, Nicole," I said and turned away to walk to the elevator.

I had been so sure that because of her looks she would immediately be a bitch to me. I had thought that maybe she wanted Preston, but since being here she's been nothing but nice. I guess I had judged the book by its cover and I was glad I had been wrong.

"Hey there, Red. How was your weekend," I spun and saw Chase grinning down at me.

A blush crept up my face, "It was good."

Had he seen the news at all? I had flicked through several channels last night and a few of them were running their version of the same story about Preston and me.

"So," he began as we stepped onto the elevator, "I saw the news."

I nodded as I pressed my numbered button and he did the same, "Yeah..."

He was quiet for a moment before chuckling, "So, no club?"

I chuckled as well before looking at him, "Not for the foreseeable future, no. I don't think he'd like that very much."

He sighed and nodded, "Were you two together when we talked last? I kinda got a vibe that you were single..."

"In my honest opinion, I was single. He had things he needed to make up to me before I was willing to call us 'together'...and we still aren't--I don't think--but...I wasn't flirting while I thought I was in a relationship, that would be horrible."

He nodded again, "I get it, it's complicated. Nothing more you have to explain."

I looked down at the tile floor and lowered my voice, "I really am sorry, Chase. I led myself on too if it makes you feel any better."

He snorted, "It doesn't. I would say that maybe we can still have lunch together some time, but I doubt that Mr. Blackstone would be okay with that..."

I cleared my throat as we stopped on his floor, "Yeah, that wouldn't be for the best. I'll see you around, Chase."

He stepped out and gave a small wave, "You too, Daisy."

As the doors shut behind him I was left alone to my own thoughts.

Were Preston and I in a relationship now that I had voided the two-week notice? Would he punish me as soon as I walked in?

I could feel the smile creeping up on my face. My àss was still sore from the day before yesterday but it was a delicious feeling that I wouldn't mind adding to.

Somehow I knew Preston had more in him though, I knew he could be rougher. He could make me bleed and I just needed him to agree.

I needed him to give me everything he had, I needed my makeup running down my face from crying and I needed my ass and thighs covered in deep purple welts and I needed his hands around my throat as he pounded into me.

I needed him to use me. It was sick and wrong and nobody else but him would be able to understand, but even he was a bit reserved with me.

But those muscles...they could do some damage.

The automated voice asking for the code shook me from my thoughts and as I punched it in I could feel my panties wet.

Great, I'd have to live with that until at least lunch. Thankfully, I had brought an extra change of clothes today.

"Ah, Ms. Mitchell, so nice of you to join us," I heard Katherine's voice call out from further into the office.

As I made it down the hallway and into the open office space I saw both Preston and Katherine leaning against the front of his desk.

"Um, good morning, Preston, Katherine. Were you waiting for me?" Obviously.

Preston had a smirk on his face like he knew that I sincerely fucked up last night and was in need of punishment. The look had me squirming. All I wanted was to drop my skirt and bend over for him like a bitch in heat.

"As a matter of fact, we were," Katherine answered as she pushed away from the desk and started towards me.

I was a little worried about what she was going to do but when she held out her hand to me and smiled, I was confused.

"Congratulations. I saw the news last night and the paparazzi got a few pictures of the two of you strolling through Central Park together yesterday."

I beamed and placed my hand in hers, "Thank you, Katherine. Your numbers should be going up as we start trending."

She chuckled as she shook my hand and then let go, "You're already trending. Number three spot; Not number one, but it'll do for now."

I nodded and looked behind her to Preston who still had his face set in a smirk with his arms crossed over his chest.

He looked dangerous, lethal, and like sex on legs.

Fück, I wanted him so bad. I must've been drooling or something because Katherine leaned forward and placed her lips to my ear.

"You fucked up, little flower. He told me all about last night. You should know better than to leave a Blackstone wanting. Good luck," and with that, she passed me and headed down the hallway.

I took a deep breath and shuddered as the elevator doors closed behind her, leaving me and Preston alone for the first time since I saw him last night.

He pushed away from the desk and stalked towards me. And it was just that, very predator-like. He was a jungle cat and I was his prey and nothing was going to stop him from tearing me apart, so I should just lie down with my belly up and give in now.

"Preston," I whispered as he neared me.

"Flower," he purred and oh, my fucking God.

"I'm sorry ab-bout last night," I stuttered, "But I only did it to g-get even for the airport, Sir."

He chuckled and snaked his arm around my waist and snatched me forward, causing me to yelp as I hit his large and unyielding body, "There's no need to apologize, Flower."

I sighed as I looked into his eyes but they were a dangerous dark amber that said he was feeling far from forgiving.

He leaned in and placed a whisper of a kiss to the corner of my mouth and I was panting for him. My core felt like it had a second heartbeat and it was like the Niagara Falls in my skirt.

"Do you realize how close I was to giving in last night," he asked and then placed another feather-like kiss to my jaw and then neck.

"No," I squeaked. What was he playing at?

He fisted his hands into my hair and pulled causing me to tilt my head and moan his name as he scraped his teeth over my jugular, "Are you frightened, little one," he asked as he placed a light kiss there.

He must've been referring to my erratic heartbeat and it wasn't because I was scared, "No," I whimpered, "I want you..."

He chuckled and placed another kiss to my neck before backing away, "Let's get through this week and we'll see about that."

I stood there as he turned and walked back to his desk and sat in his chair. He picked up his pen and began looking over some piece of paper and ...

What the fuck just happened?

"Preston," I whined.

He looked up and chuckled, "Get to work, Daisy. I'm sure I have plenty of emails and messages for you to go over that'll keep you busy."

I huffed and felt like stamping my foot like a toddler who hadn't gotten her way, but I did as he commanded.

I was definitely going to need that extra pair of underwear.