Part 32

*This chapter might be difficult for some of you to read. You can skip it without missing anything. It's just a peek into Daisys' past.*

*Dark subject matter, Possible trigger warning, Viewer discretion is advised*

-------------------------------------

"No, Daisy. You will not be going over to Collins' house. You know I don't like that boy," my mother said before taking a sip of her fourth glass of wine.

I rolled my eyes and huffed. Of course, she was getting drunk. She was always drunk before passing out next to my already drunken father.

I pushed the food around my plate, feeling a pair of eyes on me and knew better than to look up.

"May I be excused then," I asked. Maybe if I left the table first I could get away before he had a chance to hold me down.

"So you can sneak out anyway," he asked with a sinister chuckle.

He knew what I was doing and he was making sure it wouldn't happen.

I felt the lump forming in the throat as I realized that no amount of fighting would stop him tonight. He would get what he wanted because he was moms favorite and she believed that he kept me out of 'trouble' to protect me.

"I won't leave, Hawthorne, I swear. I'm just not hungry anymore and I need to pee," I whispered, hoping he would take pity.

"It seems your brother knows you better than you know yourself, Daisy. If he says you're not to leave the table then you should listen," my mother said in a drunken slur.

"But you're the parent," I exclaimed at her, "Please let me leave, mom!"

She shoved away from the table and downed the rest of her wine, "Hawthorne, make sure she doesn't leave tonight. I can't have another truancy charge brought up against me for her."

She stumbled up the stairs and then I heard her door slam.

I felt the tears slip down my cheeks as he pushed away from the table, "You heard her. Let's go."

He grabbed my upper arm and hauled me to my feet before pulling me to his basement bedroom.

"NO! LEAVE ME ALONE! LET ME GO!" I fought like hell to get out of his grasp but he tangled his hands in my hair and pulled me against his chest.

"You'd better shut your fucking mouth before she comes out of her room. If you disturb her I'll hurt you, Daisy. You know I will," he growled in my ear.

I sobbed, "Please, Hawthorne. Please don't do this. I'm your sister. You're supposed to protect me."

"No amount of crying or begging is going to save you tonight. I love you, Daisy, but I will get what I want. I always do, so just give in and get it over with," he chuckled as he dragged me down the stairs.

"No, please," I dug my heels into every step but he pushed me down the last few and I landed on my wrist, hearing the snap before feeling the pain.

The scream ripped through me before I could contain it, but he stepped over me and began dragging me toward the bed by my hair, "I said SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

"Please, Hawthorne! I think it's broken," I sobbed as he threw me into my stomach on his bed.

"It's just a sprain. Stop being so fucking dramatic," he said as he pulled my shorts down.

"Stop, Hawthorne! Please stop," I tried to roll away from him but he grabbed me in a choke hold and brought my back against his chest as he spoke into my ear, "You can be conscious and I'll let you cum like I usually do, or I'll choke you until you pass out and do it anyway."

I whimpered as he pushed me back down and a shutter of disgust racked through me.

It was atrocious that my body found pleasure in what he did, but my mind screamed for him to stop. At this stage, all I could do was lie there and take it. There was no use in fighting him. I was already injured and my body was weak from not having eaten anything in days.

In the past, he had given me black eyes, split lips, bruised ribs, and broken bones--blaming them all on my boyfriends.

If only my parents knew that it actually their precious boy who could do no wrong that was really causing all the marks and scars.

"Please," I tried once more, "Please don't do this to me, Hawthorne. I'll do anything."

He chuckled before I heard his zipper, "I don't need anything that I can't already take from you. You're lucky I'm letting you keep your virginity, you ungrateful bitch."

"Wake up."

"What," I asked as the tears continuously fell down my cheeks.

"Wake up, Flower."

"You don't call me that. Please stop! Let me go," I yelled as I felt him grab my hips.

"Wake up, baby. It's just a dream."

***

I opened my eyes to the most heavenly sight I had ever seen and immediately stopped fighting to get away.

Preston was above me pushing my wild hair out of my face, "It's just a dream, sweetheart. You're okay."

I looked into his eyes for a moment, my body still trembling from the dream, "It was a nightmare," I whispered.

He nodded his head, "I know, baby, but he'll never get to you again. Not as long as I'm here, I swear."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled until all of his weight settled over my body. The pressure of his body grounded me and reminded me that he was real, Preston was really here and what Hawthorne did was just a memory.

"What time is it," I whispered as I wrapped my legs around him and held on tight.

"We've got a little bit of time before we have to be up. Do you want to shower while I make some breakfast," he whispered into my ear.

"In a minute," I took a deep breath, "Just lay here with me for a moment, please."

He kissed my neck and shoulder, "Of course, Flower. Take all the time you need, baby."

I wiped the tears off my cheeks and sniffled.

What had made me have that dream? Why was I all of a sudden remembering nights with him?

Was it because he called and said he'd see me through the holidays? Which one had he meant?

I shuddered again, but Preston leaned up on his elbow and kissed my lips before placing his head back into my neck, "He won't get to you, Daisy. I'll make sure if it. I'll stay with you for the next few weeks to make sure I'm always with you."

I shook my head, "You don't have to do that, Preston. Don't make promises while on the cusp of sleep that awake you won't remember."

"I'm awake, Daisy, and I'm staying with you. After we come back I'll pack some clothes and bring over a few things. You don't mind, do you?"

I sighed, "No, I don't mind."

He snuggled me, wrapping his arms around my body, which wasn't an easy feat, "Let's get up now so I can feed you. I'm sure you need food after last night."

I nodded before slowly peeling my limbs away from him, "I agree."