Part 39

*Prestons POV*
—————————
The soft light of the rising sun coming in through the open curtains was what woke me from my slumber.

I blinked against the dim light and stretched out across the cool sheets.

Cool sheets?

I turned my head to the left and saw that the place that Daisy was supposed to be occupying was, in fact, empty and devoid of any warmth, meaning she'd been gone for quite some time.

'No, no, no!'

I jumped out of bed and quickly put on my boxers and my shirt while also looking around the room for any sign of her.

"God, DÄMN IT," I growled as I stalked through the room.

Her suitcase was gone along with her shoes because—of course—she left!

I pulled on a pair of sweats and grabbed the room key, my cell phone, and my wallet from the table before rushing out of the room and down the hall to the elevator.

As the elevator descended I selected Daisy's contact and pressed 'call'.

It rang four times before I was sent to her voicemail.

"Hi, you've reached Daisy Mitchell! Sorry, I can't take your call, but leave a message and I'll try to get back to you!"

When I heard the beep I took a deep breath and walked out of the open elevator doors, "Please, Daisy," I paused to collect my self, "I'm begging you, Flower. Please come back to me."

I hung up and sped to the front desk, "Did you see a short red-headed woman leave with a purple suitcase last night," I asked the desk clerk.

He gave me a polite but rehearsed smile, "I can not give out information like that, Sir."

I growled and reached into my sweats for my wallet, pulling out a 50 dollar bill and slapping it on the counter.

"My girlfriend—did you see her," I dropped my voice low.

He took the bill and put it in his pocket, "Now that you mention it, Sir, I did see a distressed young lady with red hair and purple suitcase briskly walk out of the hotel this morning at around 1:30 or two."

I slammed my fist on the counter, causing him to jump back.

"Did you see where she went? If she got in a cab? Or if she took off on foot, maybe?"

He stepped back up to the counter with caution, "I believe I saw the young lady get into the back of a cab, Sir."

A cab? A fucking cab?

Where would she go? Back home, maybe?

I thought back to last night and what she had said after we had walked into the hotel room.

"...just help me get away from him for good..."

Surely, she would need to go home and pack before she left, right? I only packed enough for her to get through a week...

"Thank you," I said while walking back to the elevator.

I pulled out my phone and tried Daisy's number but, again, I got her voicemail.

"Daisy, please. I see that you left willingly and I'm not upset that you left, but I need to know where you are or if you're safe. Can you give me that, please?"

I hung up and immediately called Katherine who answered on the second ring.

"Why the fück are you calling me at...6:47 in the morning, Preston," she said, sleep thick in her voice.

"She's gone, Kat," I stated in a calm voice as I unlocked and opened the door to my room.

I heard rustling in the other end, "What do you mean 'she's gone'?"

"Like she's not with me, Katherine! Keep up," I growled as I threw my suitcase on the bed and took out a pair of jeans and some socks.

"Why can't you fucking men keep track of your God damn women, huh? You see I'm not calling y'all for help when someone runs from me, right? And that's becau—"

"I don't have time for your high and mighty bullshit, Katherine! Call Daisy and see if she answers you and if she does figure out where she is or better yet, tell her to call me."

I hung up and proceeded to strip the sweats and traded them for jeans and then went to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

As I was walking back to gather everything to leave, my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"She didn't answer. I left a voice mail and told her to call me and I would listen to whatever she had to say. What do you want to do now?"

I zipped my suitcase, putting it on the floor and raising the handle, "Call Elijah and tell him to track her fucking cellphone. I think she went back to Houston but I have to know for sure where she is, Kathrine. She's...she's in danger on her own."

"What are you talking about," she said, her voice raising a few octaves.

I looked around to make sure I had gathered everything before exiting the room and heading for the elevator again, "Where are you? I'll tell you everything when I get there."

"No, I'll come to you," she said quickly.

"I'm leaving now, Katherine. Where are you?"

I heard her sigh, "I'm at the Fairmont, room 221. Are you gonna call—"

"Yes, I'm calling Dominic. Expect company, Katherine. I'll see you soon."

She huffed in annoyance, "Fine!"

I hung up and took another deep breath to calm myself.

As I walked through the lobby I heard the desk clerk call out, "Good luck, Sir!"

I was scrolling for Dominic's contact as I mumbled a, "You too," and pressed 'call'.

"What's the matter," he asked on the first ring, his tone straight and to the point.

I took a deep breath of the cool morning air and walked to my rental car, "She's gone, Dom. Meet me at the Fairmont, room 221. Call Nate and tell him to meet us there."

"Got it." And the line went dead.

As I started the car I called Daisy one more time, getting her voice mail again.

I didn't care about pleasantries anymore. She was mine and, though I could feel the slight onset of my obsessive nature trying to take over, I tried to rein it in as much as possible.

"I'll find you. I know you're scared and you think I'm not taking us seriously or that I deserve better or whatever else is going through your head, but if you ever doubt my love for you, my drive to possess you, my power to get you back then you have no idea who I truly am or what my family and I are capable of, Daisy Mitchell. If you don't call me back I will assume Hawthorne has you and I will appoint the best PIs and will gather the best resources to track you down and bring you home. Never doubt my reach, Daisy. Call me back within the hour."