Part 36

I couldn't think, couldn't speak to call out for help, but all anyone would see was him standing in front of me anyway.

I silently prayed that Preston would hurry and come to my rescue as I watched Hawthorne step closer.

"It's been a few years, baby sister. It's almost as if you've been avoiding me," he smirked, obviously loving the look of terror in my eyes.

"How did you find me," I whispered. I hated that I was frozen in place, my fist gripping my drink so tight that I was sure the glass would break soon. I discreetly tried to push it closer the ledge so that when it fell it would cause a distraction and I could run, but he caught the movement.

He easily took the glass and pushed it out of reach, "I saw you on tv with your hotshot boyfriend. You seem to be doing well for yourself. I found out that the company you work for has a party here every year and since you're dating the CEO...I was very positive you'd be here," he chuckled.

I took in a ragged breath, trying to calm myself, "What are you doing here, Hawthorne?"

He stepped even closer and I backed up but was cornered against the bar.

I looked around, hoping that someone was watching what was transpiring, but all the party goers that were even remotely close looked to be already drunk and paying no attention.

Even the bartender was at the other end of the bar flirting with a woman he had just given a drink to.

I was alone and Hawthorne knew what he was doing.

"I came to find you, of course," he twirled a lock of my hair around his finger.

"None of the girls at school know how to make me feel like you do. None of them struggle like you do. None of them know how to beg me to stop and mean it like you do, Daisy," he whispered.

I could feel the shout in my throat. Now, if I could only force it out. All I had to do was call for help, but with him so close it was like I was frozen.

He knew where I was, he had found me. He might not have known where I lived, but I had no doubt he'd find out if he wanted to.

"Please leave me alone," I begged in a whisper, tears stinging my eyes, my heart stuttering.

"That's it. Beg me, Daisy," he growled and placed his hands on either side of my arms against the bar and leaned forward.

The tears started to fall down my cheeks and I felt myself begin to hyperventilate as his cheek brushed mine, "Do I have to drag you out of here or will you come willingly? Either way will excite me and you know this."

I felt the sob escape my chest before I heard it, "Please go aw-away. I tried to stay away from you. Why are y-you doing this? You could have anyone now."

He took a deep breath and exhaled, his warm breath against my neck and ear sent a shudder through my body, "I could've always had anyone, but I don't want anyone, I want you. Your fear gets me so fucking hard, Daisy. You'll never be able to hide from me. So that poses the question: Am I throwing you over my shoulder or are you walking out of here on two legs?"

"I'll scream, Hawth-thorne," I stated through my tears, my voice cracking, "I'll scream and he'll come to s-save me. You won't make it out of the building with me."

He chuckled, "And if that happens, I'll find you again. Maybe then I'll hide you somewhere. Maybe no one will be able to find you. Maybe...I'll use and use and use you until there's nothing left."

"Please, Hawthorne. I'm begging you. Please leave me alone," I pleaded and felt my knees give out but he put his arm around my waist and held me up.