Part 51

*Pictures of Daisy and Preston's outfits are in the media!*

—————————————————

We arrived at Preston's parents' house around two in the afternoon on Thursday.

There were already so many people inside the house that we were able to slip upstairs unnoticed for a quick shower and change before we had to head back downstairs to mingle with the family.

Watching Preston tuck his long sleeved white button up in his tight khaki straight-legged pants had me feeling like this morning and last night was not enough. And apparently, him seeing me slide a long-sleeved red plaid shirt over my plain white v-neck had him feeling the same. I picked some stray lint off my black leggings as I stood up from pulling on my brown high heeled ankle boots and looked at Preston nervously.

I didn't have any time to do my hair so it was currently drying in a wavy state but I had swiped on a bit of mascara over my ginger lashes and I will admit I didn't look too bad.

"Are you nervous," he asked as he tied the laces on his white sneakers.

I pulled my bottom lip between my teeth and nodded, "A little."

He smiled and stood to his full height of about six-foot-something and he still towered over me even though I was wearing heels. His large hands grasped my shoulders and squeezed gently before pulling me in for a hug, "Don't be. Everyone already likes you and not many of them have met you yet."

I pulled back and kissed him gently, "You look handsome," I whispered against his lips. I couldn't stop my hands from trailing down his shoulders to his biceps and then to his chest. With every breath he took the shirt strained against his body and he looked good. It was going to take everything I had not to jump his bones during the meal.

"Are you thinking bad thoughts, Flower," he asked in a low voice, his amber eyes dark with lust.

"For you? Always," I whispered and attached my lips to his again. He was too good to resist as his tongue ran along my bottom lip, begging for entrance.

My tongue instantly met his and he moaned into the kiss as his hands trailed down my back, over my behind, which he couldn't resist squeezing, and then caressed my thighs before pulling me up with nothing but pure muscle, making me wrap my legs around his waist.

"Unfortunately, we'll be a few minutes late to the party," he whispered into the kiss as he pushed my back against a wall and attacked my neck with wet kisses.

"That's okay," I breathed as I rolled my hips into him, "I don't think anyone knows we're here yet anyways."

"They will when I'm through with you," he said as he pulled the neckline of my shirt down and exposed my black bra.

"I've missed these," he breathed out as he pulled the cups of my bra down and I moaned as his mouth came into contact with one of my taut nipples.

He growled and pinched the bud between his teeth, earning an even louder moan from me. I knew I was being loud, but that's what he wanted and that's what he was going to get.

Something in me nagged that maybe I wouldn't be making the best first impression with his family if I continued this but before I could say anything on the subject the door opened and slammed against the wall.

"Hey, fuckers. Stop fucking and get the fuck downstairs. Today's about the family you already have, not making more," she went to walk away but turned back and looked down at where Preston's hands were just now covering my breasts, "You have an amazing rack, by the way. You're lucky you aren't mine. The things I'd do--"

"--Get out, Katherine," Preston said calmly and chuckled as she walked away after sticking up her middle finger.

I cleared my throat and fixed my bra and shirt, frowning when I saw that the neckline was a little stretched but let it go, "Is she usually so..."

"Vulgar," he finished my thought as he adjusted himself in his pants, "Unfortunately, yes, she is. You're lucky you've only ever seen her with me around. You don't wanna know what she did to Genevieve."

My eyes widened, "While you two were..."

He chuckled but shook his head, "No. While she and Dominic were, but they were all together. I don't know how together they were, but I didn't really care to find out. It's not my business what happened that night."

So...? What the fuck...

I mean, I could see the appeal, I really could. I wasn't blind or anything. The family is hot but I wasn't into girls and I couldn't see myself wanting to try anything with anyone else. I hadn't met Prestons other siblings yet, but I didn't need to meet them to know that he was all I ever wanted or needed.

"Don't judge her too harshly, Flower. We are a hard bunch to say no to, especially when we don't take that word well," he said softly as he grabbed my hand and ushered me out of the room.

I decided that maybe judging Genevieve for her past when she was currently in a happy relationship with Dominic wasn't in my best interest. It's called the past for a reason and we all have one so maybe I just didn't know the full story yet.

I sighed as I felt some of my jealousy dissolve. I believed that Preston loved me, I believed he wanted to be with me, and I believed he had feelings for me and only me.

I squeezed his hand and hoped he would be happy to know that I planned to at least try to get to know Genevieve, not just judge her based on her past.

As we walked down the stairs I could hear a low conversation coming from the living room. Reaching the bottom step, I could see quick a few men sitting on various couches and chairs all set in front of the tv that was currently tuned to some football game.

I spotted Dominic within the crowd and decided to keep my eye on him for later when I would try to get him alone so I could talk to him. Among the men, I could see that almost all of them look vaguely similar.

Preston let go of my hand and cleared his throat as he leaned up against the archway.

All eyes turned to us and a collective sea of small smiles took my breath away.

"Introduce us, son," one of the eldest men in the group said.

"Father," he nodded slightly, "This is Daisy."

The man stood up and I tried to hold in my gasp as he walked over to us. He was a few inches taller than Preston but nonetheless beautiful. If Preston looked like this man at his age I wouldn't mind growing old with him.

"Silas Blackstone. It's a pleasure to meet you finally, Daisy Mitchell," he offered me his hand and then took me further into the room.

"Let me introduce you to the family," he said in a low voice and when I looked back at Preston he was beaming.

I gave him a smile as well. If his father approved then maybe I was...

Maybe my past didn't matter as much either. So, maybe the baggage was heavy and almost unbearable, but if these people--the Blackstones--took me in as one of their own...maybe everything would be okay.