Part 61

*Just thought I'd get to know my readers more🥰, but If you don't want to participate then please continue on to the chapter*

Just because I'm curious: 

--What's your favorite drink? Mines Sweet Tea❤️

--Whereabouts are you from and what are the stereotypes? 

I'm from Texas so apparently, we all wear boots and ride horses everywhere(gross and unpractical), we only listen to country music(I listen to a bit of everything), if you aren't worshipping Jesus(not I)then you're worshipping football(again, not I), everything is bigger (true, tbh), we all have an accent(I might but I'd like to think it's very subtle), we all love bbq(grow up having it every Sunday and tell me you still love it in your 20's), and we all have guns(not I)😅 

-How old are you? I'm 22 🥰

-------------------------------------------------------

We had spent the rest of the night cuddling and just enjoying each other's company.

We talked lightly about our pasts, and I laughed loudly when I found out that Dominic had been quite the prankster in his youth.

The knowledge didn't match his personality now. I couldn't see him spreading oil on the floor for his younger siblings to slide over. And all while not taking into consideration that they could fall and crack their skulls open.

This family had a knack for violence from an early age, it would seem.

At some point, we fell silent and drifted to sleep with his head resting on my chest and his arm wrapped protectively around my waist.

When my phone vibrated under my pillow at 5 am I silently untangled from Preston's strong and long limbs and got dressed in practical clothes: A pair of black skinny jeans and a plain black t-shirt with a pair of tennis shoes.

I put up as much of my hair as I could, seeing as it was much shorter than I was used to. The thought that I'd actually gone through with cutting and dying my hair all to escape a man I should've been desperately holding onto, only to be found and brought back struck up massive feelings of regret. Especially when I knew how much he had loved my long red hair.

It hurt that I had disappointed him in that way and that I was actively disappointing him now. If he had known what I was leaving to go do...he'd lose it.

My stomach was in knots as he rolled over and cuddled up to the pillow I'd been using. I waited for him to wake up, but his breathing returned to its slow and steady pace. I let out a sigh of relief as I looked over his sleeping figure.

I snuck out of the room with my toothbrush and quickly slipped into the bathroom to continue with my morning routine before silently trekking down the stairs and out the front door.

The sky was still dark and the late November early morning air was chilly as I closed the door behind myself.

"He's still asleep," Dominic asked as he stood up from his seat on the porch.

"Yeah. Genevieve?"

He made his way across the porch and started down the steps and towards his Jaguar, "I woke her up and told her I was leaving and that I'd be back later," he said as he held the passenger side door open for me.

I felt my brows raise in shock, "You don't think she'd tell Pre—,"

He shook his head, "She doesn't even know. She thinks I'm going to work out. If you truly don't want him to know, then she can't know either, at least not until all of this is over."