Part 47

*Daisy's POV*
*Y'all gettin whiplash from these POV changes yet?*

*Also, Happy Birthday to you! This long and steamy chapter is your present! 🥳 Hope you like it!*

---------------------------------------

The last few days went by without incident. I hadn't seen the black car following me, I hadn't felt like someone was watching, and I hadn't spoken to Preston since Saturday.

It was Monday night and I was in a motel on the outskirts of Wilmington, North Carolina. I had spent a little time at the beach without worry and what an amazing feeling it was to finally feel something other than floorboard under my feet.

I really wanted to call Preston. I missed him and I wanted to tell him that I was still okay. I wanted to tell him about my time in the salty, chilly air, the sand between my toes, the wind in my hair.

I wanted to tell him I loved him and share my journey and all the things I'd seen with him...but I would have to settle for pizza and bad tv.

After I'd had just about all I could stand of the late night talk shows, I walked to the window.

As was my normal now, before I slipped under the covers for the night, I cracked the curtains and looked for the telltale black car. When I saw the lot was vacant of any newer black cars, I checked the bolt on the door one last time and climbed into bed.

I turned off the tv and clicked off the lamp and dozed off into a slumber.

***

I had to be dreaming.

There was no other way to describe what was happening as a familiar scent swirled around me. And then when a possessive arm came around my waist and drew me back against a hard body I knew I was dreaming.

"Flower," he breathed into my ear, "Wake up, baby."

I moaned as I stretched and then turned around in his arms.

"Don't wanna. You'll leave if I wake up," I whispered as I wrapped my arms around him.

I felt and heard him chuckle lightly, "I'm here, Daisy. I'm actually here. Wake up and kiss me like you missed me."

I leaned over, clicked on the lamp, and then turned back around to see his amber eyes set ablaze, "Hi, beautiful," he whispered.

And then I began to shake, "Are you...you're really here? How are you here? You're not supposed to know where I am."

He reached his hand around the back of my head and pulled me down for a kiss that I instantly melted into.

I whimpered as he ran his hands through my hair and pulled.

"What did you do to your hair," he growled as he attacked my neck.

All I could manage was a moan as he bit down and then ran his tongue over the mark.

He growled again and pulled away, making me open my eyes to look into his, "Answer me, Daisy. Why did you—"

"Do you not like it," I asked quietly.

He pulled me on top of him and I then noticed that before he slipped into bed with me he must've undressed as his erection was straining against his boxers.

"I...I loved your hair, Flower. I told you that I loved it, and though your hair isn't everything," he paused, gazing all over my face, "You just look so different."

I looked down and felt ashamed now. I went through all this trouble and it was all for nothing because he still somehow found me.

And now that he was here it was like I was betraying him by not doing the same girl that I was before I left.