Part 67

**SPOILER IN THE PICTURE AND AUTHORS NOTE**

**READ THE CHAPTER BEFORE READING THIS OR LOOKING AT THE PICTURE IN THE MEDIA**

*Picture in the media is a collage of Daisys' hairstyle, her dress as Maid-of-honor, and the other bridesmaids' dresses.*

--------------------------------------------------

It was Saturday, December the fifth and today was the day that Dominic was marrying Genevieve. So today Preston and I get to act like everything is right in our world and we both aren't planning a murder.

No big deal.

The last week went by in a blur as the employees of the Houston branch struggled to get back into the workflow after so many days off. I ran into several co-workers who looked and acted as if they were on the set of a zombie movie while I felt as if I was too, for a totally different reason.

My aim and accuracy were at a point now that could only rival Dominics and I had him surprised when I sent of video of myself shooting a paper target in the forehead with just one hand.

Needless to say, I was ready for Hawthorne to fuck with me and mine again.

I knew Preston was planning on taking all of next week off so he could get ready to meet up with Hawthorne and the inevitable downfall through his layers that would happen afterward, but little did he know that I would be right there with him.

He wouldn't have to go through this alone anymore, not with me by his side.

I was nervous about what was to come, but I was also excited for him to see that I wasn't just walking into this situation with a gun, not knowing how to operate it. I knew what I was doing and was fully trusting of my capabilities.

These were the thoughts running through my head as I stood in front of the mirror in the bathroom of our hotel room fixing my make up.

Preston walked in holding his phone to his ear looking at me expectantly, "Genevieve needs you at the church now."

I arched a brow, "Why? We aren't meant to be there for another hour."

He nodded his head and then spoke into the receiver, "Yeah, we'll be there shortly," and hung up the phone.

I was a little worried but trusted that whatever it was could be taken care of quickly, "What's going on? I know you're in the wedding party, but even you don't need to be there just yet..."

He circled his arms around my waist and put his chin on my shoulder while looking into my eyes through the mirror, "Apparently, the maid of honor canceled last minute. They've been scrambling trying to find someone to replace her and ...Dom made a suggestion."

I swallowed nervously and was afraid of the next words that were to come from his mouth. They seemed to come out in slow motion, "She needs you to fill in that space. Gen needs you to be her maid of honor."

I took a deep breath and tried to come up with any excuse I could. I didn't hate Genevieve anymore, but we weren't best friends or anything, "I don't even have a dress, Preston. I didn't get to practice, I don't know what my job i--"

He calmed me down with a finger over my lips and his lips at my ear, "Gen says the girl was your size, though, the bust and the hips might be a little tight since you are well endowed in those areas. You have nothing to worry about as you'll be walking with me, since I'm the best man, and your job is to wear the dress, walk the aisle beside me, and stand behind Gen as she pledges herself to my brother forever."