Painful Life

Chapter 10

The Big Surprize

I sat down on the couch.

"Hey, let me check something..." she turned me around and started feeling my spine.

"Oh my god..... Ben, checkout her spine!!! I think she has it!!!"

"Has what??" I was freaking out. I had never had something bad like a broken arm or deformed bone or something.

Two days later i took an x-ray and me and my mother waited anxiously in the room. Finally the doctor came and put up my x-ray on a lighted up stand/board case, so basically, it looked like a metal, lighted up instrument case. He started drawing theese lines all criss cross and crazy like a mad man...(it sorta freaked me out)

Finally he took of his glasses and spoke....

"Yep, she has Scoliosis, her degree is 46 and 38, she has a 's' line. So she will need surgery, here is a list of good doctor's u can call. So i suggest-"

"Wait, um, can't she do something less... you know... serious? Why can't she just get a brace?"

"Well... the thing about a brace, is that it's a 50/50 percent chance it'll work...i mean we can try, but i cant guarentee it will work..."

"Why?"

"The brace is to prevent it from getting worse, but sometimes it DOES get worse in the brace, because the spine is like a tree, its stronger than the brace. Hers is need to get surgery, because if she doesnt fix it now, she will have back pains REALLY badly when she's older and pregnate and when shes elderly. So we can try, but it may get worse in the brace too. You still want to try?"

"Yes"

A month later i got the brace and had to increase the hours i had to wear it, until it came to 23 hours everday. I felt like a robot, a caged bird. a freak.

Weeks later i had gotten to the point where i wore it to school. I hated it.

"I want to get tne surgery!"

"No, not unless we try this, first."

"But if i got the surgery i would only stay at the hospital for a month and wear the brace for only 1 year instead of 3!"

"You think thats all? Once you get the surgery, you won't be able todo some sports, because they stick a rod to your spine, if you get the surgery, you will never have it over and done with. If the rod breaks, you will have to get surgery, again. The cycke never stops!"

I cried.

"WHY DO I HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS!?!? DID I DO SOMETHING WRONG!?! WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE ME, HURT ME, AND I GET EVEN MORE PUNISHED!?!? I HATE MY LIFE! GOD HATES ME!!! EVERYONE DOES!!!" i screamed.

I ran to my room and slammed the door shut. I exhailed and let out a cry. I threw everything on the floor and fell on my bed.

Why me? Did i do something wrong? Am i not meant to be here? Why?

..... hey guys... so umm yea this surprize is true gtg sorry post up the next chapter tonight or tomarrow so byeee...