Painful Life

Chapter 24

As Long As You Love Me

The doctor walked out of the emergency room. I ran over to him while Sarah and Evan followed.

"How is he?"

He exhaled deeply and I knew it. I fell to the floor until Evan caught me.

Sarah was crying a bit, " Is he...dead?"

"No."

I had hope lite inside me.

"But...he got shot in the temple, it didn't damage his brain completely but... I would be prepared for the worst.."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean.... He's in a coma..."

I got up,"But when he wakes up he'll be fine right?"

"I'm sorry but his chances of waking up are very slim."

"And? He's Joshua. And I know he will survive. He's a survivor. He's Joshua."

"Well, if he does... he will be suffering from memory loss..."

He walked away.

Memory loss. he....he won't remeber me? At all?

"My Joshua...." Sarah said.

"Your Joshua? Your the one that cheated on him! He's never gonna be yours again!"

"He has a memory loss, Alice. God gave me a second chance to correct things, he won't remember that kiss i had with Michael. And most importantly. He won't remember a little annoying, ugly pest like you. Always bothering him with your hopelessness. A looser like you was making everything harder on him. He's probably happy he forgot about you."

"Sarah!" Evan scolded.

"What? It's the truth. No one wants to deal with Alice, the poor girl everyone pitttied."

My face was burning hot with anger. Tears ran down my face as I cried.

"Sarah! NO ONE WANTS TO REMEMBER A GIRL LIKE YOU THAT IS SO UNSTABLE THAT SHE HAS TO HAVE FIVE THOUSAND BOYFRIENDS TO KEEP HER SANE!!!!"

I felt a pain go across my cheek.Sarah had slapped me.

I ran off to the bathroom.I cried in the stall for a little bit. I realized then that this isn't about me. Its about Joshua! He's in a coma, not me. I washed my face with cold water and walked outside to see Michael. He was about to say something but I walked away.

"Wait! let me explain!"

"I don't want to talk to you every again! We are done!"

I past by a couple rooms until i saw Jousha's room. He was laying in bed peaceful. Sarah must have left to go get a drink with Evan. I walked in and keeled down next to him.

"Will you forget about me? Like a bad memory?....do you really just...pity me?"

I ran my fingers through his brown hair and lightly kissed him as a tear ran down my face. I wished he would remember me forever but I guess Sarah's right. God gave her a second chance, not me.

Heyy so um I will post the next chapter if Iget

6 reads

2 votes

3 comments

And thanks sooooo much for the 301 reads SOOO Happy!!!! ThAnKyOu So MuCh!!! And I put JB song cuz it matched lol I dont hate jb or love him. haters: seriously hes just singing, not doing anything bad mkay? and I aint like I WANNA MARRY JB I just think hes a good singer. he has talent> lol yea bye ;)