4

This day couldn't be getting any worse.

School was already so tiring and I finished my volleyball practice, but two girls on my team really don't like me for some reason so they threw my outfit into a muddy puddle outside in the rain.

I was stuck in my shorts and tank top and it was freezing cold.

I was also on my period which didn't make anything better for me.

I grabbed a plastic bag and shoved my muddy clothes in there which I would have to wash when I get home. I just wanted to cry but I wasn't going to, because I could see the two girls through the windows laughing.

I went back into the locker rooms shoving the bag into my backpack. I washed my hands and then zipped up my thin jacket that wasn't thrown in the mud.

This wasn't going to keep me warm at all but if I ran to the bus stop and caught the bus on time, I could make it home and shower. Then change for work and catch another bus for work.

I had a busy schedule everyday, normally I had a whole routine but when things disrupted in my schedule it makes it harder.

I groaned and walked out of school knowing that everyone was watching me thinking I was crazy to walk out with shorts on in this weather.

I took a deep breath and started running in the rain. The freezing cold droplets falling all on me and soaking through me. The cold wind was cutting my skin as I was running through the cold.

I saw the bus at the stop and I prayed it would stay for another minute. I ran and ran as fast as I could, I was so close to passing out because I was running out of breath.

"No no no wait!" I yelled as the bus took off and my feet stopped.

The day couldn't get any worse.

This was the last bus of the day, now I would have to walks three blocks to catch another bus.

I couldn't hold it anymore, I started sobbing literally while sitting on the cold freezing bench under the shelter which was keeping me shielded from the rain.

"Athena?" I heard someone call my name and I looked up to see Shawn's car parked right in front of the bus stop.

He came out of his car and jogged right to me under the shelter. I looked up at him and he looked worried and his face showed panic.

"Are you okay? Why happened? Why are you dressed like that? Why are you in the rain and crying?" He asks and I wiped my eyes.

"I'm having just a really rough day. The girls on my volleyball team threw my clothes into the mud so I have to wear my my practice clothes. I missed the bus that takes me home and now I'm freezing because of the rain and my stomach is killing me because of my period. I have to get to work and It's all just-" I stopped rambling as he pulled me into his chest.

He wrapped his arms around me tightly and into his warm chest. He smelt so good and was just so warm.

I feel so protected.

"It's fine don't worry Athena, just relax" he says and I nodded.

I looked up at him and his beautiful carved out face with slightly wet curls flat down on his forehead. He still looked amazing and his eyes were filled with so much worry for me?