12

I walked out of school and down the steps of school, I was in a great mood today and Shawn just made it even better.

He stood by his car like normal but he was holding some beautiful flowers and a pink heart balloon attached to it. I raised my eyebrow at him as I walked down the steps and he nervously chuckled at me.

"What's all of this?" I asked him and gulped so nervously.

"For you" He says extending the flowers and balloon towards me and my heart melted.

"Really? Thank you Shawn!" I threw my free arm around his neck and he smiled brightly as we broke away.

"You didn't have to have, this is so kind of you. I've never got flowers before from anyone" I say and he grinned.

"Well I did this because, I uh- wanted to um-" he stuttered for a second.

"I want to take you out" he says more confidently.

"Sure" I say and he shook his head.

"I mean like- a date" he says and I froze for a second looking into his eyes.

"A date?" I exclaimed and he nods.

"Because Athena I really like you, the last couple of weeks of us hanging out has brought us closer and I'm starting to develop other feelings towards you and I really like you" he rambles.

"Yes"

"But if you say no I don't want it to be weird- wait what?" He says in shock and I giggled.

"Yes I'll go in a date with you Shawn, because I like you too" I say before I looked away shyly.

He yelled 'yes' before pulling me into a tight hug and I buried my face into his warm chest.

"Let's get into the car so I can take you home" he says and I nodded before we both got into his car.
___

I opened my door and we got into my apartment, and I turned around to face a nervous Shawn.

"Why are you still so nervous? I said yes" I laughed and he just shrugged.

"Because I've been trying to do this for days but I've finally had the courage to do it" he says and I awed.

His cheeks were really pink and he had a sheepish grin on his face. I placed the flowers and the balloon down and then before I could even turn turn around his arms were around my waist and he pulled me straight into him. I squeaked before turning around and placing my hands on his shoulders.

"I was worried you were going to say no and that would have made it awkward between us. But why did you say yes anyway?" He asks.

"Because I like you too. If I'm honest Shawn, I've never met someone like you." I say truthfully and he smiles.

"Well, I'm going to take you on a date tomorrow night" he says and I smiled happily.

"Go change for work then I'll tell you the details in the car" he says and I nodded before I went to my room.

I changed and brushed my hair to tie up into a pony.

I happily smiled in the mirror, I was beyond happy that Shawn had asked me out. I didn't care that he was slightly older then my but that only made him more mature. Meaning he could take better care of me then any other guy my age.

"Athena?" I heard him knock on the door and I snapped out my daze and rushed to open the door.

"I'm so sorry but I just got a call from work and I have to leave now. So will you be able to get to work?" He asks.

"It's fine Shawn, you can go. I'll get a bus don't worry about me" I say and he sighs.

"I feel so bad, but make sure you text me when you get to work so I know you got there safely" he says and I nodded.

I opened the front door and I hugged him tightly before he leaned down to press a kiss to my forehead. "Promise to text me?" He says.

"Pinky promise" I say lifting my pinky up and he links his pinky with my and places a kiss on it.

"I'll call you later princess" he says and I swooned over the pet name as he left.
______

I was at work bored out of my mind trying to stock shelves. I was stocking cereal boxes right now, which is not fun when you are short. I literally have to climb up and place them right at the top.

I glanced at my watch, only thirty more minutes then I'm finished and I can go home.

"Boo!" Someone whispered and I screamed before a large hand clamped my mouth. My heart nearly fell out of my mouth from the scare but I looked up to see it was Shawn.

"You scared me don't do that!" I say with my hand on my chest taking deep breaths.

"Sorry" he says wrapping his arms around me and resting his head in the crook of my neck.

"I'm at work, Shawn what are you doing here?" I ask him and his nose tickled my neck.

"I'm here to take you home because you finish work soon" he says and I smiled.

"Thank you, now shoo or I'll get into trouble" I say and he frowns.

"Please" I say and he shook his head. I sighed then placed a kiss on his cheek which made him freeze.

"Now shoo" I pushed his hands off me and he stood against the other shelves watching me. His eyes were intently on me as I was stocking the shelves which were making me nervous.

I managed to finish with Shawn bugging me but I signed out and Shawn took me to his car parked in the parking lot.

I buckled my seatbelt and Shawn drove out of the parking lot on the way to my apartment. His hand rested in my lap and I played with his fingers while he spoke.

"So I'm taking you out to dinner tomorrow evening, so wear something nice and I'll pick you up at seven" he says and I smiled.

"I'm so excited" I exclaimed and he grinned before kissing the back of my palm.

"I'll see you tomorrow for dinner then princess" he says and I smiled shyly before getting out of his car and waving him off.

I headed up to my apartment and I squealed happily, for the first time I had been so excited in such a long time and I couldn't wait...