44

I was up early and ready to go out to the pumpkin patch today with Shawn. He said he was picking me up at 12 and then we would have hours to carve before lighting them up. So like that for the first time  in a long time I actually made myself breakfast and I was in a good mood.

I felt a lot better.

Shawn: I'm outside :)

My phone beeped and I glanced at it before immediately putting my shoes on and running out of the door and straight into the elevator. I made it into the lobby smiling at my the other residents living here before I walked out the doors seeing Shawn's car parked right there.

I opened the door and got inside buckling my seatbelt. "Morning" I say and he smiled at me.

"Good morning, ready to go?" He asks and I nodded eagerly.

"I already know I'm winning" I say confidently and he laughed.

"In your dreams baby, I'm beating your ass" he smirked and I laughed before shaking my head.

"Well we have our deal anyway so we will see who wins anyway" I say and he nodded.
___

The smell of pumpkins hitting my nose and the brown crisp autumn leaves crunching under my feet.

We came to the pumpkin patch and there were so many. All different shapes and sizes littering across the patch. Many people choosing their pumpkins and children running around with small baby pumpkins in their palms.

"I'm so excited!" I beamed and Shawn laughed as he held my hand. We walked through while trying to find a pumpkin we both liked. I chose a medium sized one and Shawn chose the biggest one he could find.

"Will you even be able to carve a big one?" I asked him.

"The bigger it is the more challenging it is" he says confidently and I laughed because where he had pick up his pumpkin from, there was a sigh that read 'not for carving'.

This only means he's going to have a hard time.

And I will win.

My eyes landed on a really small baby pumpkin, it was so small and so cute. I looked up at Shawn who shook his head at me. "It's so cute! We could have a pumpkin family" I say and he shook his head.

"Please it's adorable" I say and he sighed before letting go of my hand so I could get the tiny pumpkin. I grinned happily as we paid for all three pumpkins and then had them put in the back of Shawn's car.
-

We made it back to Shawn's apartment with all equipment we needed to carve our pumpkins. He placed them on the counter and on the way we also picked up some lunch which we laid out.

We each took different sides of the counter with our own areas for our pumpkin carving.

"Ready?" He asks and I nodded and I tied my hair up.

"May the best pumpkin carver win" he says extending his hand out and I placed mine in his as I shook it.

"And Go!" He yells as we both rushed to out areas on the counter.

It's been almost an hour of both of us carving our pumpkins. The counter was a mess with pumpkin insides, seed, left over lunch and knives. It's a mess and the both of us glaring at each other while working. Shawn's pumpkin was huge so it was taking him longer to carve but that only gave me an advantage of a head start.

My idea was to cooperate the baby pumpkin into my big pumpkin. So the idea was the big pumpkin trying to eat the baby pumpkin. I seen the ideas last night on Pinterest and also watched YouTube videos so I was fully prepared on how to do this.