32

S H A W N -

"You said she was going to fucking be here!" I yelled at Alex.

"Well I'm sorry that was the last place I heard she was staying" he says and I groaned in frustration living my foot against the wall.

"Just calm down" he says which was making me more angry.

"How the fuck do you expect me to calm down? I'm lying to my girlfriend so I can come and find my wife!" I screamed at him as a tear struck down my cheek.

"I'm only trying to help you, I swear I heard this was the last place she was" he says and I sighed.

I leaned against the wall before my back slid down the wall and I sighed. I pulled out the smiling picture of Chloe. Her beautiful long blonde hair and her huge brown eyes. My heart broke just seeing her picture again.

"Where are you? I need to see you one more time" I say as I stared at the picture.

"We will find her one day maybe" Alex says and I shook my head.

"One day, probably never at this rate" I scoffed.

"What can we do now, she's probably gone and moved on. I think you need to let go" he says.

"Let go how? She just left like that and I still don't know why! She took a chunk of my heart that still isn't fixed" I say.

"Maybe if I could speak to her again or found out what happened it would be alright" I say as I rubbed my eyes in frustration.

I miss you sometimes Chloe.

"We can try again another time, it didn't work out I guess this time" Alex says.

"Another time? How many years have I been doing this? How long will it take?" I ask.

"Sometimes Shawn maybe her leaving and not coming back is an answer to stop looking and move on" he says and I sighed.

"Well I don't know what to do anymore" I huffed.

"Well I'm ordering pizza, come and watch the game when your ready" he says walking out of my hotel bedroom.

I angrily slammed my fists down. I was so mad I couldn't find her today, despite we were this close to finding her again. My phone beeped and I let out an annoyed huff as I looked at it.

Baby Bear: Goodnight Big bear, I'll see you tomorrow! ;)

I'm so sorry for lying to you Athena...
__________________
(Next Morning)

A T H E N A -

My eyes open to Cookie jumping on me and once my eyes opened he bounced off my bed. This was a repeated pattern the last two days and I loved it. I stretched before I went to the bathroom and changed my clothes and got ready for the day.

Shawn was coming home today.

I was so excited because I was so bored the last two days but I managed to spring clean my apartment. I cleaned and organised everything also had to look at something writing internships, the one applied for changed as I had to move to New York in the next few months. But I didn't want to move yet, so I had to look at other options.

But I was ready to see Shawn today and get updates on his trip. I gave Cookie his breakfast before I made myself some breakfast as I checked my phone to see if there were any flights updates from Shawn.

He's supposed to be landing in a half hour, which mean I had to make my way to the airport quickly. Landon kindly said he would pick me up and take me to the airport to collect Shawn. My phone beeped and I checked it was from Landon;

Landon: I'm here

I quickly put my shoes on and kissed Cookie goodbye before I bolted out the door with so much excitement. I rushed into the elevator and out of the building where Landon's car was parked. I opened the door and got myself into his car.

"Hey Athena" he smiled at me.

"Hey! Thank you for taking me" I say thanking him.

"It's no problem I don't mind" he says.

"So I see you're pretty excited" he says and I grinned widely.

"I'm beyond excited! I've missed him the last two days and FaceTime wasn't enough" I say and he laughs.

"I know he missed you a lot, he spoke to mom last night telling her that he couldn't wait to see you" he says and my heart fluttered.

We spoke the rest of the way until we pulled up into the airport car park. I was so excited that I couldn't stop fidgeting and almost crossed the road without looking which Landon has to yank me back so I didn't get hit.

But we rushed inside and stood at the arrivals gate of his flight. My heart was beating so fast out of excitement and then people started flooding out of the doors and then I spotted my tall curly haired man.

He was carrying his suitcase and his eyes scanned around before his eyes met mine and he smiled so widely. "Shawn!" I screamed and waved as he made his way around to us.

I went running and jumped on him which made him stumbled but he wrapped his arms around me. I placed a kiss on his lips before he set me down. He hugged Landon who then took his suitcase.

Shawn held my hand as we both walked behind Landon who took us back to his car. I sat with Shawn in the back refusing to stay apartment from him, so we both sat together.
-

Landon dropped us both off at Shawn's apartment after saying goodbye and telling us he never wants us together in his car again, because it was awkward or whatever.

"I missed you so much" he says as we sat curled up on the couch and I placed a few light kisses on his arm.

"I missed you a lot too but I managed to get a lot done" I say and he laughs.

"Can we play some video games?" I asked and he nodded.

I stood up and set up his game console before I handed him a controller and started up the game. "Are you not going to sit down?" He asks.

"Nope standing up helps me get in the zone" I say and he laughs.

The game started and I was already in the zone, and my fingers violently pressing on all the buttons.

"Shawn did you already forget how to play in the two days?" I joked but then when I glanced over Shawn wasn't playing. I paused the game and stood in front of him and his eyes were glued to the table as if he was deep in thought.

"Shawn are you okay?" I asked and I heard no response or anything before I sat down next to him.

"Shawn?" I whispered touching his arm making him alert as he looked at me.

"Are you okay?" I asked him softly as I held his hand, he looked down for a second and then looked back into my eyes.

"I'm just not feeling to good maybe the travelling is making not feel too good" he says and I frowned.

"You need to have a nap come on" I say as I pulled him up and took him to his room.

We both got under the covers and I wrapped my arms around him tightly before my fingers brushed through his hair. He was struggling to even relax, his body was so tense. But I shushed him and stroked his face making him relax and then I kissed his forehead.

He sighed and then shuffled closer before his arms went around me and he hugged me tightly as he buried his face into my neck. His warm light breaths were tickling my skin and I couldn't help but notice the amount of distress upon him.

Maybe he worked himself too much and needs to rest, I hoped he would get better by tomorrow considering it was Ethan's birthday party tomorrow.

"I love you" I whispered before I kissed the top of his brown curls...